A one-yard toss to Jerricho Cotchery will be more recognized as the final points scored in a 22-20 loss to the Baltimore Ravens in Week 13 of the 2013 season.
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will tell you he doesn't care about records, and what matters is they lost the game. Perhaps that's the legacy Roethlisberger will end up with when his career comes to an end. But that touchdown will stand out over many of the others.
It was the one on which he tied Terry Bradshaw's career touchdowns record - a mark that's stood for 30 years with no challenger.
Granted, it was a matter of time. In the passing-heavy modern NFL, It was apparent years ago Roethlisberger would eventually hit the 212 mark Bradshaw did in his Hall of Fame career. To Roethlisberger's implied point, he will be compared to Bradshaw in terms of Super Bowl championships - something Roethlisberger will need a lot of help to pull within one of this season.
It still marks an incredible feat. Only 26 quarterbacks in the history of the NFL have thrown for 212 or more touchdowns (with San Diego's Phillip Rivers about to become the 27th). Not many active quarterbacks are their franchise's current leader.
It's an honor to be savored at another time. The here-and-now is Roethlisberger turned in a gutty, if not inconsistent, performance in his most recent loss to the Ravens.
That, though, will definitely not be a part of his legacy when it's all said and done.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers drop close one to Ravens: All postgame news and updates following Baltimore's 22-20 win over Pittsburgh
- Tomlin may be fined for being on the field
- Timmons, Ben receive top PFF grades in loss to Ravens
- Jones is no Usain Bolt
- Is it better to have hoped and lost
- AFC Playoff Picture: What did Thursday's loss do to the Steelers postseason chances?
- Monday Takeaways (Friday Edition): Steelers lose big game, may have lost more as well
- Put an asterisk next to Le'Veon Bell's career touchdown total
- Winners and Losers from Pittsburgh's 22-20 loss to Baltimore
- Steelers vs. Ravens final score: Baltimore tops Pittsburgh 22-20 after bizarre finish