Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons was almost the only reason the Steelers managed to corral Baltimore's running game in their 22-20 loss in Week 13.
Timmons seemingly covered three gaps, and filled in very well, giving one of his best performances in a key game. Timmons had eight total tackles, and the Ravens rushed 25 times for 73 yards. He notched a 3.2 grade from Pro Football Focus, a football play evaluation web site - his highest grade since a 3.3 in Week 3.
It wasn't enough, as the Steelers could not prevent a few timely plays, and a 10-for-17 third down conversion rate.
Offensively, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was 17-for-26 for 179 yards and two touchdowns in the second half, bringing the Steelers all the way to a 2-point conversion attempt to tie the game at 22 after falling behind 16-7 at one point. Emmanuel Sanders dropped his throw on the 2-point, ending the comeback bid. Roethlisberger was given a 4.6 grade, the highest of his 2013 season.
Jason Worilds was the second-highest scorer on defense, earning a 3.1 grade, while Heath Miller was second on the offense at 4.5, the highest of his season.
Offensive tackle Mike Adams received the lowest grade offensively at -2.7. He filled in late at left tackle for the injured Kelvin Beachum (who earned a 0.0), and took snaps at tight end. Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders had a -1.9, and was not charged with a drop.
That will likely be changed in the future.
Safety/linebacker Troy Polamalu scored a -1.6, the lowest on a defense that only had only one defender score lower than -1.0.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers drop close one to Ravens: All postgame news and updates following Baltimore's 22-20 win over Pittsburgh
- Tomlin may be fined for being on the field
- Jones is no Usain Bolt
- Is it better to have hoped and lost
- AFC Playoff Picture: What did Thursday's loss do to the Steelers postseason chances?
- Monday Takeaways (Friday Edition): Steelers lose big game, may have lost more as well
- Put an asterisk next to Le'Veon Bell's career touchdown total
- Winners and Losers from Pittsburgh's 22-20 loss to Baltimore
- Steelers vs. Ravens final score: Baltimore tops Pittsburgh 22-20 after bizarre finish