The Steelers had previously announced right guard David DeCastro and cornerback Curtis Brown would be out for this game. It wasn't much more of a surprise to learn rookie wide receiver Markus Wheaton would miss his fourth straight game, stemming from a broken and surgically repaired pinkie finger he suffered in the Steelers' Week 4 game against Minnesota.
Also out for the Steelers' game at New England in Week 9 are linebacker Kion Wilson, quarterback Landry Jones, nose tackle Loni Fangupo and tight end Richard Gordon.
The Steelers (2-5) are looking to beat the Patriots with starting quarterback Tom Brady for this first time in his career. They defeated the Matt Cassel-led Patriots in 2008, but haven't played in New England since.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Patriots gameday stream: All news and updates
- BTSC On Demand: Listen to TribLIVE Radio at 2:40 p.m.
- Commentary: I hope Roethlisberger pulverizes Brady
- Why LeBeau is indirectly responsible for offensive woes
- Steelers vs. Patriots key match-up: Brown vs. Talib
- 5 reasons the Steelers will beat the Patriots in Week 9
- Sense of urgency may be hindering Steelers progress
- Tom Brady's amazing home records
- Steelers vs. Patriots Week 9 2013: Game time, TV schedule, online streaming, odds and more
- Steelers injury report: Markus Wheaton and Curtis Brown join David DeCastro, will miss game vs. Patriots
- Steelers vs. Patriots: Well, @#$%&...