Last week at least had a team likely to be in the playoffs.
Cincinnati dropped an overtime decision to the now bully-embattled Dolphins, the Bengals losing Geno Atkins for the season in the process. This weeks Thursday night game the sink-then-swim Redskins vs. the floundering Minnesota Vikings - whose sole win came at the expense of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Cincinnati is taking points over the Ravens at M&T Bank, so naturally, the Bengals are going to take that. Minnesota is giving three points to a sub-.500 team at home on primetime, which is pretty much the modern definition of a bad team. And finally, the Steelers will snap that two-game losing streak, managing to both beat the Bills, and allow fewer than 55 points in doing so.
Here are the rest of the picks.
MINNESOTA (+3) over Washington
Jacksonville (+12) over TENNESSEE
Philadelphia (+1) over GREEN BAY
PITTSBURGH (-3) over Buffalo
GIANTS (-7.5) over Oakland
COLTS (-10) over Rams
Seahawks (-5.5) over FALCONS
Bengals (+1) over RAVENS
Lions (off) over BEARS
49ERS -(6.5) over Panthers
CARDINALS (off) over Texans
CHARGERS (+7) over Broncos
SAINTS (-7) over Cowboys
BUCCANEERS (+3) over Miami
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Bills vs. Steelers: Everything you need to know
- Marrone: Bills will get Steelers' best game
- Steelers Film Room: No silver lining in loss to Pats
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Halfway through the misery
- Bills vs. Steelers: Game plans will be obvious for both teams
- Jarvis Jones speaks on hazing, Wounded Warriors and former teammate, Bills LT Cordy Glenn
- Sean Spence sees the optimism and hope in his recovery
- Brown agrees with benching, knows Steelers need better from him