Defensive ends Brett Keisel (foot), nose tackle Steve McLendon (ankle) and safety Troy Polamalu (shoulder) all missed Wednesday's practice, along with DE Ziggy Hood (ankle). Keisel has basically missed the team's last four games (only playing a few snaps in Week 13) with a foot injury. McLendon has played limited snaps in the team's last four games, missing Week 13 completely.
Right tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle), sat out practice as well, although that's far better than the start of last week for Pittsburgh's offensive line. Left tackle Kelvin Beachum (knee) would eventually miss Week 14, but he practiced Wednesday, giving optimism to the sentiment he will return to the lineup. Mike Adams played well in Beachum's absence, but likely will return to the bench upon Beachum's healthy prognosis.
Wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery (shoulder) and right guard David DeCastro (foot) are both on the initial injury report, but did practice Wednesday.
Pittsburgh and Cincinnati kick off at 8:30 p.m. ET from Heinz Field Sunday.
- Big Slash Ben adds first career reception
- Ben Roethlisberger: 'I think the offense is as good as it's been in a long time'
- Report: Mike Tomlin a candidate for University of Texas head coaching position
- 5 Burning Questions as the Steelers begin playing for pride
- Steelers Film Room: Demoralizing loss exposes absence of Larry Foote
- Steelers at Crossroads of several important decisions as disappointing 2013 season goes into final stretch