The Steelers' offensive line depth has taken a hit over the last few days.
The hits are still coming Monday.
Steelers announce T Rashad Butler, signed on Saturday, has left the team for personal reasons.— Will Graves (@WillGravesAP) December 2, 2013
Associated Press writer Will Graves, among others, is reporting Monday OT Rashad Butler has left the team for personal reasons, not even 48 hours after he joined the squad. No indication of the nature of his departure has been given.
Butler was signed after the Steelers' Week 13 loss to the Ravens; a game that saw offensive tackles Kelvin Beachum and Mike Adams suffer injuries late in the game. Starting center Fernando Velasco was lost for the season with an Achilles injury in the same game. The Steelers also signed interior lineman Eric Olsen.
It may have been a stretch to see Butler as likely to see action Sunday when the Steelers host the Miami Dolphins in a game with heavy playoff implications. The severity of the injuries to Beachum and Adams has not yet been confirmed.
Cody Wallace is expected to replace Velasco at center against Miami.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Bengals at Steelers game will remain on Sunday Night Football
- Tomlin put Steelers at risk
- It's a big week for the Other Wallace
- Tough to compare Alosi to Tomlin
- Dolphins vs. Steelers: Welcome to Wallace Week
- AFC Playoff Picture: Ravens lead, Dolphins at Steelers key in Week 14
- Steelers Film Room: Small errors lead to big loss in Week 13
- NFL IR List: Steelers have fourth-most injured reserve designations in the league
- Meet Eric Olsen and Rashad Butler, the newest Steelers roster additions