Veteran Ziggy Hood went down with a right ankle injury in the first half, thinning out their defensive line depth even more. Al Woods will replace Hood.
Outside of a big run by quarterback Ryan Tannehill, the Steelers defense has suffocated the Dolphins' offense through their first few possessions. The run, off a read option in which OLB Jarvis Jones was sucked inside and Will Allen unable to make the open field tackle, led to the Dolphins' only three points.
The Steelers put together an impressive 12-play drive on their second possession. The result was a five-yard touchdown pass from Ben Roethlisberger to Emmanuel Sanders. With it, Roethlisberger broke the team's franchise touchdown passing record of 212, previously held by Terry Bradshaw.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Dolphins vs. Steelers Postgame News and Updates
- Monday Takeaways: Steelers lose to Dolphins in Week 14
- Dolphins vs. Steelers final score: Miami all but ends Pittsburgh's season in 34-28 win
- Winners and Losers from Steelers Week 14 loss to Miami
- NFL draft order: Steelers set to select 10th after Week 14 loss
- You stay classy, Adrian Peterson, Ravens fans