The Giants were leading 10-3 when the Steelers punted. Sylvester made a great tackle on the punt, but had his leg rolled over by rookie wide receiver Markus Wheaton who was hustling perhaps a bit too aggressively to the ball after the whistle.
Sylvester has been plagued by injuries throughout his career. At one point he was in the running to compete for a starting inside linebacker spot, but it has't happened yet.
There is no status update as to the extent of the injury at this time.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Le'Veon Bell not active Saturday vs. Giants
- Steelers vs. Giants Preseason Week 1 First Half Open Thread
- Steelers vs Giants: Stevenson Sylvester vs Da'Mon Cromartie Smith
- Steelers vs Giants: Derek Moye vs Justin Brown
- Steelers vs. Giants: Joe Long vs. Mike Farrell
- Steelers vs Giants: Nicholas Williams vs. Hebron Fangupo
- Steelers vs. Giants: Welcome to Pittsburgh Ryan Steed
- Why I love the first game of the preseason, and you should too
- Steelers film breakdown: Kelvin Beachum, not Marcus Gilbert, should start at right tackle
- Mike Tomlin loves him some hambone