Steelers coach Mike Tomlin announced cornerback Cortez Allen had "minor" knee surgery, and will be out for "a couple of weeks."
The statement in its entirety:
Earlier today, Cortez had minor surgery on his right knee. We wanted him to get the surgery done now so he can begin rehabilitating immediately. This surgery was a minor procedure and will have no long-term effects on his return to the field. We look forward to his rehabilitation process and having him back on the field in a couple of weeks.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers training camp updates
- Steelers Injury Report
- Steelers Training Camp Updates
- The Steelers Prodigal Son
- Embernate suffers major knee injury
- Steelers claim healthy defensive back off waivers for training camp
- Jets coach Rex Ryan considers Steelers coach Mike Tomlin one of his biggest rivals
- Steelers Day 6 training camp practice open thread
- Steelers GM Colbert says the offensive line's youth is a 'double-edged' sword
- Steelers LaMarr Woodley eager to get more pass rush opportunities
- An effective running game and how it translates to recent Super Bowl success
- Brace yourself: Mike Tomlin drawing 'fine line' between creating an edge and giving his players confidence