The @steelers fullback Will Johnson has a Rt hamstring injury. He will not return to the game.— Burt Lauten (@SteelersPRBurt) August 29, 2013
This is the second injury Johnson has suffered this preseason. He hurt his hip against Washington in the team's second preseason game. Being the fourth preseason game, Johnson likely wasn't going to play much anyway, so it could be something minor.
The Steelers tied the Panthers at seven after a nice drive engineered by rookie quarterback Landry Jones. Despite a drop by rookie Markus Wheaton and sub-standard protection, he made a few nice throws on the drive.
The Steelers gave up an opening drive touchdown to the Panthers and quarterback Derek Anderson, who hit wide receiver Ted Ginn on the score.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Panthers Postgame News and Updates
- Colbert: No contracts being negotiated
- 5 things we learned this preseason
- Chris Carter named Steelers Digest Player of the Week
- Steelers fans reactions to loss to Carolina
- Winners and Losers from Steelers loss to Panthers
- Steelers lose 25-10 to Panthers in preseason finale
- Steelers vs. Panthers: Linebackers are what to watch
- NFL settles concussion suit
- Which Panthers player would you want on the Steelers roster?
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft
- Steelers Film Room: Redman should start
- 5 Questions with Cat Scratch Reader
- Mike Adams sounds off on Johnny Manziel
- Steelers vs. Panthers: Last-ditch effort for several Steelers first-year players
- Steelers Film Room: The boom or bust running back