Much can change from training camp to training camp.
The Steelers' 2012 Training Camp Darling, outside linebacker Adrian Robinson, appears to be in the process of having his title usurped by fellow OLB Alan Baxter, according to Dale Lolley.
Not exactly a vote of confidence for the second year player out of Temple.
It's a fickle thing, the position of Training Camp Darling. Baxter, though, is very explosive off the edge, and had a very productive career at Northern Illinois. He's roughly the same height as former Steelers OLB James Harrison, and while considerably younger, doesn't have the same lower body strength. However, Baxter's speed off the snap can't be ignored.
With a big toe injury suffered by Jason Worilds, causing him to miss Friday's practice, it's a chance not just for Jarvis Jones - the Steelers' top draft pick in 2013 - to show his worth, it's an opportunity for Baxter and Robinson as well.
For Robinson's sake, it seems like he'll need to show some more energy. Baxter's cruising into his Camp Darling spot without much competition.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Training Camp Updates
- Bell stealing training camp show
- Don't call Hood a comeback
- Timeout on Steelers TV windfall
- Interest in Batiste seems strange
- Baxter punting Robinson from Camp Darling title
- Steelers Injury Report
- Weekend Checkdown
- Steelers to work out OT D'Anthony Batiste
- Mike Adams, Marcus Gilbert switch sides during Steelers evening practice Friday
- Nik Embernate tore ACL, MCL at Thursday practice
- Friday night scrimmage open thread
- Former Steelers RB Chris Rainey patiently awaits second chance in NFL
- Steelers seeking safety from the Sharknado
- Saints rave over Keenan Lewis while Steelers suffer DB injuries
- Fallout from Cortez Allen injury to Steelers cornerback corps
- Cortez Allen out 'a few weeks' after minor knee surgery