Former Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace missed the final game of the 2012 season due to a hamstring injury...or to protect him from injury in a meaningless game before he struck it rich on the free agent market.
Either way, Wallace now has a real groin injury, and will likely miss Miami's preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys tonight at 7 p.m. ET.
It hasn't been confirmed, but Wallace is reportedly with the team, but not preparing for the game, which starts in less than two hours.
Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline are out on the field, but they are not working out.— Omar Kelly (@OmarKelly) August 4, 2013
Wallace signed a 5-year, $60 million deal with Miami this offseason, and looks to be one of several very hyped additions to a Dolphins team that hasn't finished over .500 since 2008.
You can read The Phinsider's own version of The Renegade here.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Training Camp Updates
- Polamalu has 'contusion of birth certificate'
- Allen says rehab is "day-to-day"
- Maybe Jarvis Jones can trump the odds and start right away
- Steelers offense to be 'faster-paced than ever' in 2013
- Positive reviews of Steelers weight and conditioning in training camp suggests obvious problems in 2012
- Pat Kirwan sticking with his prediction of Steelers playing in AFC Championship game
- Steelers training camp recap: Day 9 sees physical camp starting to wear on players
- Larry Foote: Keith Butler giving tackles to Timmons no one sees
- Le'Veon Bell sitting out Saturday with ice on his left knee
- Steelers sign OT D'Anthony Batiste Saturday, place Embernate on injured reserve
- Steelers Saturday practice open thread
- Steelers will wear throwback jerseys in Week 11 vs. Detroit Lions