Nice Pick, Cowher lead writer and BTSC friend Nick Kelly is in Latrobe, tweeting running results of the practices.
It seems he's repeating some news from last year.
AB wide open, fools Taylor and a little tussle breaks out— Nick Kelly (@NicktheSteelman) August 5, 2013
Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown and cornerback Ike Taylor got into three separate altercations during training camp last season. It got to the point Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert even intervened.
It seems like this year, according to Kelly at least, Taylor needs Colbert to separate them again.
Ike Taylor looks quite frustrated. brown has beat him several times today— Nick Kelly (@NicktheSteelman) August 5, 2013
Or this one, maybe to a lesser effect.
Antonio Brown beats Ike Taylor again, but Ben didn't pass it for a good 5-6 seconds— Nick Kelly (@NicktheSteelman) August 5, 2013
Obviously it's one person's opinion, but the question always has to be asked, is it Brown beating Taylor, or more Taylor getting beaten?
Considering the shape Taylor keeps himself in, and the amount of time they've had in camp so far, one has to be inclined to think Brown is playing at a high level.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers training camp updates
- Curtis Brown on crutches after ankle injury
- Jones a "prototype" future pass rusher
- Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Why a superstitious Steelers fan feels this could be a good year
- League announcement both good and bad news for the Steelers
- Steelers offensive line depth still a major question after recent acquisitions
- Steelers season forecast with Football Outsiders
- Tomlin says Steelers training camp changes aren't reactionary
- Isaac Redman: 'We had some missed assignments' in short yardage situations last year
- Hall of Fame Game Open Thread: Dolphins vs. Cowboys
- Dolphins WR Mike Wallace not expected to play in Hall of Fame Game due to groin injury
- Troy Polamalu has a 'contusion to the birth certificate'