The Steelers cornerbacks only had three interceptions (two of them came from Cortez Allen in Week 16).
They now have four players at the position who are expected to miss training camp for the next few days at least. Terry Hawthorne (knee) and DeMarcus Van Dyke (hamstring) have missed most of camp, while Allen recently had surgery on his injured knee that is expected to sideline him for the next few weeks.
Monday, Curtis Brown rolled his ankle, and was seen on crutches after practice Monday.
With cornerbacks claiming ownership of the training room at St. Vincent College in Latrobe, Pa., the Steelers got a few players back after sitting out practices. Monday saw the return of running back Le'Veon Bell, linebacker Larry Foote, defensive end Nick Williams and tight end Matt Spaeth.
Sitting out practice was running back LaRod Stephens-Howling, linebackers Jarvis Jones, Lawrence Timmons and Jason Worilds, safety Troy Polamalu, wide receiver Plaxico Burress and nose tackle Steve McLendon.
The Steelers are off Tuesday, and back on the field Wednesday in preparation for their preseason opener at Heinz Field against the New York Giants.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers training camp updates
- Monday Training Camp Recap
- Steelers Injury Report: CBs, LBs highlight list
- Pouncey didn't know tackles had switched
- Allen aiming for season-opener
- Curtis Brown carted off practice field with apparent ankle injury
- Antonio Brown and Ike Taylor 'tussle' after Brown beats him 'several times'
- Tomlin sees Jones as a prototype for the future NFL pass rusher
- Steelers activate Alameda Ta'amu from PUP list
- Why a superstitious Steelers fan feels this could be a good year
- League announcement both good and bad news for the Steelers
- Steelers offensive line depth still a major question after recent acquisitions
- Steelers season forecast with Football Outsiders