Steelers WR Plaxico Burress was carted off the field Thursday with an apparent shoulder injury.
Burress injured shoulder. Left on cart. #steelers— Dale Lolley (@dlolleyor) August 8, 2013
Seems like a player a day is getting hurt. Maybe this is normal, considering what they're doing, and obviously, the severity of this injury isn't known at all.
Burress signed a one-year deal with the team after playing the final quarter of the season with the team last year. He made little impact, but was expected to be much more prepared this season.
What this might mean to his roster position is up in the air, but with a few young, unheralded receivers still with the team, he may not want to spent too long with an ice pack on that shoulder.
ICYMI today on Behind The Steel Curtain:
- Steelers Training Camp Updates
- Steelers wave of injuries continues
- Burress injures shoulder Thursday
- Spence looks good in agility drills
- The Anti-Run-by-Committee
- Steelers sign TE Thursday
- He's not 'Sharknado,' says the Steelers veterans
- Steelers starters to see 10-12 snaps
- Steelers coordinator Haley looks forward to less predictable run game
- Steelers vs. Giants: Ryan Mundy returns home to Pittsburgh for preseason opener
- Steelers position battles: Landry Jones looks for a big performance against Giants to hold off John Parker Wilson