New Steelers West jokes can't even be made anymore, but in case it matters, the Arizona Cardinals signed former Steelers DE Cordian Hagans Thursday, just a day after he was released by the Steelers.
Hagans' release came in wake of the need to bolster some depth at cornerback, with the absences of Cortez Allen, Curtis Brown and DeMarcus Van Dyke, who will all miss Saturday's preseason opener with the Giants due to injury.
The Steelers had released Hagans and RB Curtis McNeal while signing CB Devin Smith and RB Alvester Alexander.
ICYMI today on Behind The Steel Curtain:
- Steelers Training Camp Updates
- Steelers pulling for Pirates
- Steelers wave of injuries continues
- Burress injures shoulder Thursday
- Spence looks good in agility drills
- The Anti-Run-by-Committee
- Steelers sign TE Thursday
- He's not 'Sharknado,' says the Steelers veterans
- Steelers starters to see 10-12 snaps
- Steelers coordinator Haley looks forward to less predictable run game
- Steelers vs. Giants: Ryan Mundy returns home to Pittsburgh for preseason opener
- Steelers position battles: Landry Jones looks for a big performance against Giants to hold off John Parker Wilson Follow @NealCoolong