The consensus picks to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, Seattle and San Francisco, are set for the first of two games that will have a big impact on the NFC West title and possibly home field advantage for the NFC title game.
Not that we're getting too far ahead of ourselves here.
It's an exciting game, though. Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll and 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh are two of the more outspoken front men in the league, which is easy to do when you are winning - both teams are 1-0 to start the year.
The quarterbacks certainly meet the media darling requirements - Russell Wilson, as everyone knows, is short and was a third round pick. Colin Kaepernick is tall and was a second round pick. Both have taken the NFL by storm in their short careers, and lead emerging offenses on teams based around physical defenses that are two of the best in the NFL.
This game being in Seattle, a place where the Seahawks apparently have super human powers (8-0 at CenturyLink Field in 2012) has to give them the edge. In a game that will dominate Monday morning headlines will be won by the Seahawks.
NFL Week 2 picks against the spread (winner in bold)
Jets (+13) over NEW ENGLAND
ATLANTA (-7) over St. Louis
Carolina (-3) over BUFFALO
MINNESOTA (+6) over Chicago
GREEN BAY (-8) over Washington
INDIANAPOLIS (-3) over Miami
Tennessee (+10) over HOUSTON
BALTIMORE (-7) over Cleveland
PHILADELPHIA (-7.5) over San Diego
KANSAS CITY (-3) over Dallas
New Orleans (-3.5) over TAMPA BAY
ARIZONA (+2) over DETROIT
OAKLAND (-6) over Jacksonville
DENVER (-4.5) over New York Giants
SEATTLE (-3) over San Francisco
Pittsburgh (+7) over CINCINNATI
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Jones expects to start vs. Bengals, is practicing with the first team
- Which Bengals player would you want on the Steelers?
- It's quite easy to go from king to jester in the NFL
- Franco Harris to be honored by Pittsburgh Opera
- BTSC On Demand: TribLive Radio at 1:30 p.m. ET
- Report: Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell could miss another month
- Steelers vs. Bengals: Kelvin Beachum shouldn't start in Week 2
- Titans brought a few Terrible Towels back to Tennessee
- 2013 Week 2 Power Rankings: Steelers fall from 14 to 23
- Kion Wilson goes from insurance adjuster to special teams stud to starting linebacker