There is, of course, the smartass...
The steelers offense is so electric— Brent Meyers (@BrentSuperDaddy) September 17, 2013
This is followed often by some kind of acknowledgement that misery loves company.
You know you live near Cleveland when the news takes more time to talk about the Steelers lose than all the Cleveland teams combined!— Brant Zemelka (@Brant_Zemelka) September 17, 2013
Focusing on game-related tweets, though, it appears James Harrison had less to do with this game than initially anticipated.
James Harrison was in for only 14 of 57 snaps against his old team— Joe Reedy (@joereedy) September 17, 2013
You really do need to start to worry about the frustration that's bound to set in. Although it's hard to agree this is entirely Todd Haley's fault, Roethlisberger threw some very poor passes Monday, and many of them came from clean pockets.
Haley-Roethlisberger situation will get worse. Saw more frustration out of Ben then ever before tonight. Shame to waste such a great QB.— Steel Dad (@SteelDad) September 17, 2013
At least Sky Bayless isn't giving up on the Steelers...so they've got THAT goin' for them...which is nice.
I'm still not writing off the Steelers and I'm still not completely sold on Andy Dalton as the long-term answer in Cincy.— Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) September 17, 2013
Or maybe coddling Roethlisberger is the thing to do now, who knows?
It's very hard to see how anyone can give Roethlisberger a pass in that game. His interception was a poorly thrown pass, he missed receivers deep all night and whether the offensive line had given him the protection of an Iraqi security company in the past is beside the point; he had a chance to lead this team to a win last night, and he once again failed to do it. Hasn't done it in quite a while, actually.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Bengals Postgame news updates and info
- Bears vs. Steelers: Heath Miller to practice fully this week
- Le'Veon Bell will do individual drills this week
- Grading the Steelers' new starters in Week 2
- Steelers 27th in recent power rankings
- Cotchery has 47 snaps to Wheaton's 5
- Heyward coming alive for Steelers defense
- Twitter reaction to Steelers loss to Bengals
- Power has gone out of the Steelers defense
- Steelers offense ranks among bottom-feeders statistically
- Winners and Losers from the Steelers' 20-10 Week 2 loss at Cincinnati
- Bengals take down Steelers 20-10 in Week 2
- Haley: DeCastro was affected by Pouncey's injury