Baltimore Sun reporter Aaron Wilson Tweeted Monday former Steelers running back Jonathan Dwyer isn't wasting time in his likely brief free agency stint.
Former Steelers running back Jonathan Dwyer is starting to line up workouts with NFL teams, according to league source— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) September 2, 2013
Dwyer cleared waivers and is now a free agent. Tribune Review reporter Mark Kaboly Tweeted Sunday the Steelers' coaching staff wasn't behind Dwyer's release from the team in their final cuts Saturday.
It would seem very possible that league source is Dwyer's agent. Recent reports suggested Dwyer may have been in Baltimore recently as well.
We mentioned during the Ravens' courting period of free agent tight end Dallas Clark player agents will often leak news similar to this to the media in an effort to drive up the market for their client.
While this isn't confirmation that's what's happening, it's hard to view the fact a reporter for a Baltimore newspaper is the person who broke the news as a coincidence.
Pure speculation on our part, but we feel it's safe to suggest the Ravens have interest in the former Steelers running back. In the interest of full disclosure, we were leaning more toward Cleveland, but the Browns recently signed former Ravens running back Bobby Rainey, presumably to be the primary back up Trent Richardson.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers roster cuts: Everything we know
- Jonathan Dwyer's release: Everything we know
- Steelers 2013 season preview in 9 questions
- Report: Steelers coaches not behind Dwyer's release
- Winless preseasons often indicate rocky regular seasons
- Jonathan Dwyer unclaimed on waivers
- Meet Cody Wallace, the Steelers newest roster member
- Steelers sign eight to the practice squad
- NFL Practice Squad rules and which former 2013 Steelers are eligibile
- Getting a feel for the 2013 Steelers
- Derek Moye lost his father before making the roster
- Miller's status still unknown after activation from PUP Follow @NealCoolong Follow @NealCoolong