At his weekly press conference, Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin characterized the evaluation of Heath Miller's injury status as "day-to-day," noting that Miller is participating in individual drills. This is exciting news for Steelers fans who are hopeful that Miller will return sooner rather than later.
Tomlin confirmed that Matt Spaeth will be out for week 1 (and presumably longer) but he did not specify who the starter at tight end will be heading into week 1, though he listed the position as a "committee" for week 1. I expect the Steelers to use David Johnson and Beachum in running sets while turning to David Paulson in passing situations. More to come on this position throughout the week.
Tomlin expects Beachum, Palmer, Paulson, and David Johnson to play a role at tight end against Tennessee.
The Titans and Steelers will kick off at 1 p.m. ET Sunday in the regular season opener for both teams.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Jonathan Dwyer's release: Everything we know
- Steelers start/sit Fantasy Football advice: Give Isaac Redman a look in Week 1
- Titans vs. Steelers: The importance of Jason Worilds' opportunity to start this weekend
- Matt Spaeth placed in IR-Designation to Return, Steelers activate OLB Terence Garvin from Practice Squad
- Recently acquired Zoltan Mesko will be new holder for Shaun Suisham and Steelers
- Steelers coach Tomlin talks about irrelevancy of preseason and depth charts
- Steelers coach Mike Tomlin addresses release of Jonathan Dwyer
- Steelers Injury Report: Le'Veon Bell out, Isaac Redman to start vs Titans
- Will Johnson & Jarvis Jones Participating in Practice This Week
- Tomlin: Heath Miller Day-to-Day
- The case for the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013: Part One
- John Malecki's road from practice squad to roster to roster cut can't be easy
- Heath Miller keeps working closer to his return