Not to take anything away from the insanely athletic players on the offensive side of the ball, but if one were to choose up sides for a basketball game consisting of football players, the defensive players would likely go earlier than the offensive players.
It seems as if Steelers rookie outside linebacker Jarvis Jones would be among the first chosen.
Brown wrote Wednesday Jones once scored 20 points on Los Angeles Clippers F Blake Griffin in an AAU game in Orlando, Fla.
When asked if Griffin - who's known for his highlight reel dunks - ever threw down on Jones, the rookie responded, "“He almost did,” Jones told Brown. “I jumped out of the way.”
The Steelers are hoping running backs and quarterbacks are the ones jumping out of the way now. Jones won't start in the Steelers' Week 1 game against Tennessee, but he figures to see a lot of action. Something of a rotation between Jones and Jason Worilds - maybe even LaMarr Woodley - will exist as the Steelers look to bounce back from two seasons in which they finished in the bottom 10 of the NFL in takeaways, and middle of the league in sacks.
Jones was drafted to help the Steelers do just that. The health of Woodley and a more upfield-attacking approach from the Steelers' defensive ends could send Pittsburgh back to a top five position in both categories - where they were in 2010, which was, not coincidentally, an AFC Championship season.
Kickoff between the Steelers and Titans is at 1 p.m. Sunday.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Jonathan Dwyer's release: Everything we know
- 5 Burning Questions: Steelers begin 2013 season
- Revolving Corps: Fans may miss Mike Wallace, but does the Steelers offense?
- Beachum will see time at tight end
- Jonathan Dwyer meets with the Giants
- Tomlin concerned with Locker's mobility
- Steelers start/sit Fantasy Football advice: Give Isaac Redman a look in Week 1
- Titans vs. Steelers: The importance of Jason Worilds' opportunity to start this weekend
- Matt Spaeth placed in IR-Designation to Return, Steelers activate OLB Terence Garvin from Practice Squad
- Recently acquired Zoltan Mesko will be new holder for Shaun Suisham and Steelers
- Steelers coach Tomlin talks about irrelevancy of preseason and depth charts
- Steelers coach Mike Tomlin addresses release of Jonathan Dwyer
- Steelers Injury Report: Le'Veon Bell out, Isaac Redman to start vs Titans
- Will Johnson & Jarvis Jones Participating in Practice This Week
- Tomlin: Heath Miller Day-to-Day