Barring tragedy, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will top 30,000 career passing yards - a milestone only reached by 35 other quarterbacks in NFL history.
To put it into context, there are 42 quarterbacks on NFL rosters right now (not including practice squads).
Roethlisberger sits at 29,844 career yards, meaning he needs just 156 yards to hit the golden 30k mark. It would also put him ahead of Randall Cunningham for 36th all time.
Only five other active quarterbacks have hit that plateau - Peyton Manning (59,949), Drew Brees (45,919), Tom Brady (44,806), Matt Hasselbeck (34,517) and Eli Manning (31,517).
He's done it through grit more than anything else. While not generally known as a scrambling quarterback, none of the five active passers ahead of him have Roethlisberger's mobility, and he's also the youngest of that group. He's also younger than Carson Palmer (29,465), Phillip Rivers (27,891) and Tony Romo (25,737), who trail Roethlisberger on the career list. Palmer and Rivers appear to be poised to top 30,000 yards this year as well.
Brett Favre is the league's all-time passing yards leader at 71,838. Roethlisberger topped Terry Bradshaw's franchise-record 27,989, incidentally, against the Titans last season.
The Steelers drafted Roethlisberger with the 11th overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft. He's won two Super Bowls since then, and is 15th all time in fourth quarter comebacks - fourth among active quarterbacks (Manning, Brady and Brees).
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Titans Week 1: Everything you need to know
- The "Story" of the Steelers in 2013
- Fantasy Football stat predictions for Steelers vs. Titans
- Key Match-ups: Steelers ILBs vs. Chris Johnson
- No 11th hour contract extensions given
- 5 Reasons why the Steelers will beat the Titans
- Steelers vs. Titans: Game time, TV broadcast info and more
- Which Titans player should concern the Steelers the most?
- Five questions with Behind The Steel Curtain (From Music City Miracles)
- 'A healthy Troy is hell for opposing teams'
- Be on the lookout for the new No. 55 in Pittsburgh
- Steelers 2013 team photos
- Steelers vs. Titans: The time to send a message is now
- Roethlisberger needs young offensive line to step up Sunday
- Weekend Checkdown heading into Week 1
- Steelers Injury Report: Johnson, Jones both probable
- Shamarko Thomas's keys are key vs. Titans