Munchak had been the Titans' head coach over the last three seasons, but was fired in 2014 after he was allegedly asked to make staff changes he did not agree with.
As for other PIT/TEN connections, expect former TEN HC Mike Munchak to meet w/Steelers about their OL opening soon, possible at Senior Bowl— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 17, 2014
Munchak, a Hall of Fame offensive lineman with the Houston Oilers and Tennessee Titans, has been with the organization for over 30 years.
The Steelers had reportedly discussed the position with offensive assistant Sean Sarrett, and had previously expressed an interest in Panthers assistant offensive line coach Ray Brown.
Munchak was a candidate for the head coaching position at Penn State, his alma mater, but the job went to Vanderbilt's James Franklin.
Munchak said he would entertain offensive line coach opportunities - his background in coaching rests in that position group - if he was unable to get a head coaching offer.
- Steelers Roster Projections: Centers Mock Draft: Steelers select Stephon Tuitt
- Cowher claims Patriots were guilty of arrogance in Spygate affair
- Change to the Steelers preseason could be in order
- 10 things you absolutely did not know about the Seahawks, 49ers, Broncos and Patriots
- Art Rooney II wants Troy Polamalu to retire with the Steelers