Life as a fringe NFL player is rough for running back Miguel Maysonet.
The Steelers signed him to a futures contract this week, making it the seventh team on which Maysonet has been with since becoming an undrafted free agent after the 2013 NFL Draft.
He began with Philadelphia, and eventually moved to Cleveland, Washington, New York Jets, San Diego and Indianapolis before ending up in Pittsburgh.
Along with Maysonet, the Steelers added cornerback Devin Smith, who spent time on the Steelers' practice squad last season. They also inked Baylor product Lanear Sampson and linebacker Dan Molls.
Molls had 166 total tackles for Toledo in 2012, a total that led the nation. He likely projects as an inside linebacker with the Steelers.
Sampson, a big-bodied receiver, ran a 4.46 at the 2013 NFL Scouting Combine, and had 20 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. He spent time with Dallas and Indianapolis on their practice squads last year.
- 2014 NFL Draft Prospects: Darqueze Dennard, a good but not great cornerback
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Steelers select USC WR Marqise Lee
- Florida State vs. Auburn final score: Seminoles launch 18-point comeback, defeat Tigers 34-31
- 2014 BCS National Championship game open thread
- 2014 BCS National Championship game: Who and how to watch Florida State vs. Auburn