The 4-4 Steelers are coming off of a frustrating and avoidable loss to the still-undefeated Cincinnati Bengals in Week 7. This week, they face off against the 4-3 Oakland Raiders at Heinz Field in a Sunday afternoon game. At this point, the Steelers are competing for a Wild Card slot, and a victory against an AFC rival will help their cause.
Let's take a look at a few facts:
- All-time series: Oakland leads 15-12-0
- Regular season series: Oakland leads 12-9
- Current streak: Oakland has won the last two games against Pittsburgh
- During the Tomlin era, Pittsburgh has won only one out of five games against the Raiders
- At home, Pittsburgh's record against Oakland in the Tomlin era is 1-1
- Raiders QB Derek Carr has only thrown three interceptions this season
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger threw three interceptions last week
- The Raiders defense is ranked 2nd in the NFL against the run, but 31st against the pass
- The Steelers defense is 6th in the league for points allowed.