1. Los Angeles Rams (via Tennessee Titans): Jared Goff QB, Cal
There are conflicting reports as to whether the Rams prefer Carson Wentz or Jared Goff, but Wentz is clearly the guy for the Eagles and I doubt they would've traded so much for the number two pick if they didn't think he'd be available.
2. Philadelphia Eagles (via Cleveland Browns): Carson Wentz QB, North Dakota State
Team needs: CB/OG/WR/QB/RB
Philly will take whichever QB the Rams don't take but rumor has it that HC Doug Pederson loves Carson Wentz.
3. San Diego Chargers: DeForest Buckner DE/DT, Oregon
It seems like this pick will come down to Jalen Ramsey or DeForest Buckner. Ramsey is the better prospect but DE is a much bigger need for San Diego, despite not re-signing Eric Weddle in free agency. It's possible that SD is trying to drum up trade interest to move back with someone looking to draft Ramsey, while still being in Buckner's range.
4. Dallas Cowboys: Jalen Ramsey CB/S, Florida State
Jalen Ramsey is the top player on Dallas' draft board. If he's not available they'll take Joey Bosa, given that both starting DE's will be suspended for the first four games of the season for failing drug tests.
5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Joey Bosa DE, Ohio State
Team needs: LT/DE/CB/OC/LB
Since the beginning the Jaguars have been rumored to want to spend this pick upgrading the pass-rush. They could still take Myles Jack, despite the knee injury, but pairing joey Bosa with Jared Odrick, newly signed Malik Jackson, and 2015 1st round pick Dante Fowler would give Jacksonville one of the best pass-rushes in the NFL.
6. Baltimore Ravens: Laremy Tunsil OT, Ole' Miss.
Team needs: LT/OG/CB/WR/ILB/DE/RB
Having Jalen Ramsey fall here would be the Ravens dream scenario, but Laremy Tunsil is not a bad consolation prize as a replacement for injury-plagued Eugene Monroe.
7. San Francisco 49ers : Myles Jack LB, UCLA
There are rumors that the honeymoon is already over between GM Trent Baalke and new HC Chip Kelly. If Kelly had complete autonomy in S.F. as he did in Philly it likely would have been the 49ers who traded up with the Titans for the first overall pick, likely to draft Jared Goff. Of the players available, the 49ers will decide between Myles Jack and Ronnie Stanley.
8.***TRADE*** Miami Dolphins (via Cleveland from Philly via Miami): Ezekiel Elliott RB, Ohio State
Trade terms: CLE gets picks 13, 73 MIA gets pick 8
Team needs: OG/RB/DE/CB/DT
It sounds like Miami is dead set on taking Ezekiel Elliot to replace Lamar Miller, and in the process ends up right back where they were before trading back with Philly for Kiko Alonzo and Byron Maxwell. If the Dolphins stay at 13, rumor has it that they will take Eli Apple, even over Vernon Hargreaves, because they like his size and upside.
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Leonard Floyd OLB, Georgia
Team needs: CB/S/DE/OC/DT
Rumor has that the Bucs are trying to trade up with San Diego, presumably for Ramsey. Provided that they can't accomplish that, Tampa will likely have Shaq Lawson and Leonard Floyd atop their draft boards. After signing Robert Ayers to pair with an improving William Gholston, Floyd makes more sense as a replacement/upgrade for Danny Lansanah.
10. ***TRADE*** Tennessee Titans (via New York Giants) - Ronnie Stanley OT, Notre Dame
Trade terms: NYG gets picks 15, 64 TEN gets pick 10
Tennessee is rumored to be looking to trade back into the top 10 using their surplus of draft picks. Another rumor has the Titans draft board having similar grades on both Laremy Tunsil and Ronnie Stanley. They are essentially buying out the Giants interest in Stanley, and stealing him from Chicago.
11. Chicago Bears: Shaq Lawson DE/OLB, Clemson
Chicago is rumored to seriously be considering Ezekiel Elliott here if he's available. The rest of their draft board should have some combination of Vernon Hargreaves, Shaq Lawson, and Jack Conklin, with some rumored interest in Jarran Reed as well.
12. New Orleans Saints: Sheldon Rankins DT, Louisville
The Saints had major issues in the secondary but will get Jairus Byrd, Keenan Lewis, Delvin Breaux, and 2015 third-round rookie P.J. Williams back from injury. Perhaps their secondary wouldn't have been so bad if they had a better pass-rush. They need another DE to pair with Cameron Jordan, a long-term option at DT besides the 1-yr deal given to Nick Fairley, and an upgrade at WLB. New Orleans draft board should look something like 1. Shaq Lawson 2. Sheldon Rankins 3. Darron Lee.
13. Cleveland Browns (from Miami via Philly): Laquon Treadwell WR, Ole' Miss.
After trading back again it's unlikely that the Browns will take Paxton Lynch here. They have shown a significant amount of interest in Shaq Lawson, Jack Conklin, and Laquon Treadwell. Paul Kruger may be released at some point, who knows when Josh Gordon will be allowed reinstatement, and they have a huge hole at RT after rescinding their offer to Mitchell Schwartz.
14. Oakland Raiders: Vernon Hargreaves CB, Florida
This pick may be determined by whether the Raiders play Bruce Irvin at DE or SLB. Aldon Smith won't be able to apply for reinstatement until November and Mario Edwards will be working his way back from a career-threatening neck injury, so it's likely that the Oakland will play Irvin as a down lineman. The Raiders also released Curtis Lofton, so they'll have needs at both ILB and SLB so someone like the very versatile Leonard Floyd would make sense if he's available. Otherwise Oakland's draft board should look like 1. Leonard Floyd 2. Sheldon Rankins 3. Best available CB.
15. New York Giants (from Tennessee via L.A): Reggie Ragland ILB, Alabama
The Giants need to rebuild the right side of their O-line but they already have so much invested on the line with Erick Flowers, Justin Pugh, and Weston Richburg. At WR the Giants have little besides Odell Beckham jr., as Victor Cruz hasn't played due to injury since October of 2014 and Rueben Randle signed with Philly. Their top target at 10 is rumored to be Leonard Floyd, but after trading back it would be Laquon Treadwell. Elsewhere they've needed to rebuild their LB corps for a long time, and now that Tom Coughlin is no longer with the team perhaps they can do that with Reggie Ragland, whom they've shown a lot of interest in.
16. Detroit Lions: Jack Conklin OT, Michigan State
Team needs: RT/DT/DE/S/OC
Detroit will consider Jack Conklin, either to play RT or to move Riley Reiff to the right side, and also appear interested in Vernon Butler or Jarran Reed as a long-term replacement for Haloti Ngata.
17. Atlanta Falcons: Darron Lee OLB, Ohio State
It sounds like it's Darron Lee or bust here for Atlanta, with both Clemson DE's getting consideration as well. Reportedly Dan Quinn has been lobbying hard for Keanu Neal, having recruited him to Florida, so if Lee is off the board and Atlanta trades back Neal will be the likely pick.
18. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Billings DT, Baylor
If Jack Conklin were available he'd be the pick, and Indy will also give consideration to OC Ryan Kelly, otherwise this pick is going to be used to upgrade at NT or outside rusher. Rumor has it that the Colts love Andrew Billings, who would be a massive upgrade over Josh Chapman.
19. Buffalo Bills: Paxton Lynch QB, Memphis
The Bills have quietly done their homework on many of the top QB's in this draft class, including Paxton Lynch. If they go in another direction they will likely target a defensive player as Buffalo will be switching defensive schemes and transitioning to Rex Ryan's hybrid 3-4 defense, and will need players who fit his scheme. If Lynch isn't available, Rex Ryan is rumored to love Jarran Reed.
20. New York Jets: Jason Spriggs OT, Indiana
Team needs: QB/OT/OG/ILB/OLB/CB/TE
The Jets will likely use this pick to upgrade either the offensive line, especially in the wake of D'Brickashaw Ferguson's retirement regardless of the Ryan Clady trade, or the pass-rush as they've shown heavy interest in the likes of Shaq Lawson, Leonard Floyd, and Noah Spence. If the Jets managed to coup a first round pick for Mohammad Wilkerson, don't be surprised to see them package both of their first round picks in an effort to move into the top 10 for an elite impact player.
21. Washington Redskins: Ryan Kelly OC, Alabama
Washington is looking to get faster on the defensive line, add some talent at safety, and upgrade at OC. They are rumored to be targeting Andrew Billings and Ryan Kelly here, and if both are gone they will trade back and target Karl Joseph and Michael Thomas, as they also need to get younger at WR.
22. Houston Texans: Will Fuller WR, Notre Dame
Houston needs to find a vertical threat to compliment to DeAndre Hopkins at WR and a starter at LG. Defensively the Texans need a DE to upgrade/replace free agent Jared Crick. The Texans are reportedly very interested in Germain Ifedi, if they do not go WR here, probably as a replacement for 2014 2nd round injury-plagued bust Xavier Su'a-Filo at LG.
23. Minnesota Vikings: Josh Doctson WR, TCU
Minnesota's biggest need is to find Teddy Bridgewater some dependable weapons, especially after the Vikings released Mike Wallace. On the defensive side, they also need a long-term successor to 32 year old Chad Greenway and the Vikings desperately need a SS to pair with Harrison Smith.
24. Cincinnati Bengals: Corey Coleman WR, Baylor
Team needs: WR/DT/OC/DE/S
Cincy lost Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu in free agency so replacing them will be their biggest need. Elsewhere they need an upgrade at OC and need to find a long-term replacement for Domata Peko.
25. Pittsburgh Steelers: William Jackson III CB, Houston
Team needs: SS/DL/CB/OLB/OT/QB2
Here is my best guess for the Steelers realistic (so no Ramsey, Hargreaves, etc.)draft board might look like:
1. Andrew Billings DT, Baylor
BTSC fan favorite Andrew Billings had the honor of going out to dinner with GM Kevin Colbert and HC Mike Tomlin, who were also accompanied by Steelers legend Joe Greene, who took the time to scout Billings at his pro day even though he's been retired from the Steelers organization for three years. When asked what he thought about the DT prospect, Greene was quoted as saying that "He has the body type for the position. He's strong, he's quick, and I saw a little nasty in him." While safety and possibly cornerback might be bigger positions of need, the Steelers generally prefer to use their early picks on front seven defensive players.
2. William Jackson III CB, Houston
Billings wasn't the only prospect lucky enough to warrant a meal with Colbert and Tomlin, as they and DB coach Carnell Lake took William Jackson III out to dinner the night before his pro day. WJ3 was quoted as saying "For a head coach[Tomlin] to come down here, that's a big deal. I was like, 'Wow, they're here to see me.' It was crazy. That was a great atmosphere and a great dinner. It's a blessing to go from not talked about to talked about." In addition to his desired measurables (6-foot 186 pounds with a 4.37 40 time) and excellent on-the-field body of work (lead the country last season with 28 passes defensed, including 5 INTs and 2 defensive TDs), it's just that sort of humble personality that will endear him to the Steelers brass as well as to Steelers Nation.
3a & 3b. Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia, Keanu Neal S, Florida
The Steelers have scouted practically every safety in this draft class, so it's highly likely they will spend an early pick at the position. There are several rumors floating around that the Steelers organization is high on both prospects. For Joseph, the only thing seemingly holding him back is the medical rechecks on his surgically repaired knee. Colbert and Tomlin were both on hand for his pro day and he was brought in for a private visit. As for Keanu Neal, he was brought in for a visit after Carnell Lake attended his pro day. The Steelers have been tied to him in internet rumors for over a month now.
5. Kamalei Correa OLB, Boise State
A bit of a wild card, the final prospect in the top five is the lesser known Boise State OLB Kamalei Correa, who was also fortunate enough to have had dinner with the Steelers brass after his pro day. As I've noted in a previous article that you can read here, the Steelers are reportedly one of several teams in the late-first round that are giving serious consideration to drafting Correa. With the Steelers having until May 2nd to decide on whether or not to apply the 5th year option on Jarvis Jones, they would need to spend a pick at OLB now if they don't feel like JJ is in their long-term plans.
But it seems as though, after not having spent a first round pick on a CB since Chad Scott was taken 24th overall in the 1997 NFL Draft, the Steelers will finally take a cornerback with their first pick. There is a significant drop off in talent at the CB position after the top five or six prospects, all of whom will likely be off of the board when the Steelers next selection comes at pick 58.
Of the rest of the players available that the Steelers have shown interest in, the likely other candidates for this pick include A'Shawn Robinson and Su'a Cravens.
Robinson would certainly be a value here, but it seems that the front office is looking for DT's that can play both the 0-tech as well as 3-tech. Despite providing some upside as a pass-rusher, he's is generally thought of as pure NT prospect.
26. Seattle Seahawks: Germain Ifedi OT/OG, Texas A&M
By far the biggest issue in Seattle is their inability to protect Russell Wilson, and they needed help before losing J.R. Sweezy and Russell Okung to free agency. Defensively the Seahawks needed to improve their interior pass-rush after losing Brandon Mebane to the Chargers. This pick is a tossup between Germain Ifedi and Vernon Butler, with the troubled but talented Robert Nkemdiche also getting some consideration.
27. Green Bay Packers: A'Shawn Robinson DT, Alabama
The Packers need multiple upgrades to the front-seven of their defense, but have also shown a lot of interest in prospects to better protect Aaron Rodgers. Rumor has it that Jack Conklin is on the top of their draft board, although don't rule out Hunter Henry as a pass-catching upgrade at TE.
28. ***TRADE*** San Francisco 49ers(via Kansas City Chiefs) - Connor Cook QB, Michigan State
Trade terms: KC gets picks 37, 68 SF gets pick 28
GM Trent Baalke is rumored to love Connor Cook. S.F. will likely use their surplus of picks to trade back into the first round for him, getting ahead of the likes of Denver, Dallas, and Cleveland, knowing that once they've drafted Cook the 49ers will net a 3rd round pick from Denver for Colin Kaepernick.
New England Patriots: FORFEITED DUE TO DEFLATEGATE
Team Needs: OG/RB/WR/OC/DT
The Patriots biggest issue is to better protect Tom Brady as his career is winding down. They need upgrades along the interior of their offensive line. On defense they have big free agency decisions looming large in 2017 which will include Jamie Collins, Dont'a Hightower, and Malcolm Butler.
29. Arizona Cardinals: Keanu Neal S, Florida
Arizona seems focused on three positions, DE, S, and OC. The Cardinals have shown heavy interest in Keanu Neal, T.J. Green, and Sean Davis. Robert Nkemdiche will also garner consideration.
30. Carolina Panthers: Su'a Cravens LB/S, USC
Team needs: OT/CB/DE/S/WR
The Panthers need to better protect Cam Newton but this pick will likely be used to bolster an already stout defense. They definitely need a CB after rescinding the franchise tag on Josh Norman, but they also need a long-term replacement for Charles Johnson. There are rumors that the Panthers have some serious interest in Su'a Cravens as well, and that they are viewing him as a safety prospect rather than as a linebacker.
31. Denver Broncos: Jarran Reed DT, Alabama
It sounds like Denver will trade for Colin Kaepernick, provided that the 49ers draft a QB early, with the compensation likely to be a 3rd round pick. The Broncos lost valuable defensive contributors Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan in free agency and will need to replace them.
32. Cleveland Browns - Taylor Decker OT, Ohio State
The Browns have huge holes at RG and RT.
33. Tennessee Titans - Eli Apple CB, Ohio State
Brice McCain and Antwon Blake are not the answer at CB.
34. Dallas Cowboys - Kevin Dodd DE/OLB, Clemson
Demarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory are both suspended for the first four games.
35. San Diego Chargers - Michael Thomas WR, Ohio State
Michael Floyd retired.
36. Baltimore Ravens - Noah Spence DE/OLB, Eastern Kentucky
Baltimore will eye the available DB's but won't hesitate to catch a falling prospect, despite the off-the-field concerns.
37. Kansas City Chiefs (via San Fransisco 49ers): T.J. Green FS/CB, Clemson
Team needs: DE/WR/OG/ILB/S
Rumor has it that K.C. will be one of the teams looking to trade back, trying to recoup their lost 3rd round pick, if their targets in round one are gone like William Jackson III and Paxton Lynch. The Chiefs don't have anyone at WR besides injury-prone Jeremy Macklin and unproven 2015 3rd round rookie Chris Conley. Defensively they need to replace Sean Smith, Mike DeVito, and Husain Abdullah. K.C. is one of the teams in the late 1st that are considering T.J. Green, and he's got the size/speed combo that Andy Reid prefers and is versatile enough to play CB or FS.
38. Jacksonville Jaguars - Chris Jones DT/DE, Mississippi State
Jacksonville completes the rebuild of their D-line.
39. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Karl Joseph S, West Virginia
TB is looking for a S to groom behind Chris Conte.
40. New York Giants - Vonn Bell S, Ohio State
The Giants have shown a lot of interest in Vonn Bell to pair with Landon Collins.
41. Chicago Bears - Hunter Henry TE, Arkansas
Martellus Bennett was traded to NE and 32 year old Zach Miller is on a minimal 2-yr deal.
42. Miami Dolphins - Artie Burns CB, Miami
Miami will take a CB in the first 2 rounds.
43. Tennessee Titans (from L.A. via Philly) - Kenny Clark DT, UCLA
Tennessee needs a replacement for Sammie Lee Hill.
44. Oakland Raiders - Robert Nkemdiche DT/DE, Ole' Miss.
Aldon Smith is suspended and Mario Edwards is coming back from a serious neck injury.
45. Tennessee Titans (via Los Angeles Rams) - Braxton Miller WR, Ohio State
TEN is rumored to be high on Miller, Kendall Wright is a 2017 free agent.
46. Detroit Lions - Vernon Butler DT, Louisiana Tech
Detroit has showed a ton of interest in Vernon Butler, interviewing him multiple times.
47. New Orleans Saints - Kamalei Correa OLB, Boise State
N.O. is one of the teams rumored to love Kamalei Correa.
48. Indianapolis Colts - Mackensie Alexander CB, Clemson
Indy needs to replace Greg Toler.
49. Buffalo Bills - Emmanuel Ogbah DE/OLB, Oklahoma State
The Bills need a versatile outside rusher for Rex Ryan's scheme.
50. Atlanta Falcons - Johnathan Bullard DE/DT, Florida
Like Keanu Neal, another player favored and recruited by Dan Quinn at Florida.
51. New York Jets - Kyler Fackrell OLB, Utah State
The Jets are rumored to be targeting Fackrell here if they don't take an outside rusher in the first round.
52. Houston Texans - Le'Raven Clark OT, Texas Tech
Houston needs an upgrade at LG.
53. Washington Redskins - Bronson Kaufusi DE, BYU
Washington is looking to get faster on the D-line.
54. Minnesota Vikings - Cody Whitehair OT/OG, Kansas State
Matt Kalil and/or Phil Loadholt may be cap casualties, while Michael Harris is on a 1-yr deal.
55. Cincinnati Bengals - Austin Johnson NT, Penn State
Cincy needs a successor to Domata Peko.
56. Seattle Seahawks - Derek Henry RB, Alabama
Seattle has shown a lot of interest in Henry.
57. Green Bay Packers - Jaylon Smith ILB, Notre Dame
Rumor has it that there are several playoff caliber teams that are considering drafting-and-stashing Smith for 2017.
58. Pittsburgh Steelers - Sean Davis CB/S, Maryland
If the Steelers bypass taking a safety in the first round it's likely that they will take one here. If they wait another round the Steelers could be scraping the bottom of the barrel at a position they seem intent on upgrading in this draft.
Of all the safeties still on the board, Sean Davis is the best prospect available. Having played both safety and cornerback he has the versatility to appeal to teams that employ any kind of scheme. He has prototypical size at 6-foot-1 and 201 pounds, with long arms and a muscular frame. He also boasts a 4.44 40 time and a 37.5inchs vertical. He's got the speed to stay with WR's down field but isn't afraid to come down into the box and deliver a punishing blow. He was tied for second in the nation in forced fumbles with 5.
If the Steelers do go in another direction here it would likely be for BTSC fan favorite Javon Hargrave, but it's too early for the raw DT prospect from South Carolina State. Even though the suspension of Martavis Bryant doesn't exactly leave the cupboard bare at WR, Sterling Shepard will garner some consideration as well. One of the more underrated prospects in this draft class, if I were to compare one WR in this class to Antonio Brown it would be Shepard. Both prospects were brought in for pre-draft visits.
59. Kansas City Chiefs - Tyler Boyd WR, Pittsburgh
KC only has injury-prone Jeremy Macklin and 2015 3rd rd pick Chris Conley at WR.
60. New England Patriots - Kendall Fuller CB, Virginia Tech
Malcolm Butler is a free agent in 2017.
61. New England Patriots (via Arizona Cardinals) - Yannick Ngakoue OLB, Maryland
N.E. is rumored to love Ngakoue as a replacement for Chandler Jones.
62. Carolina Panthers - Sterling Shepard WR, Oklahoma
Ted Ginn is a free agent in 2017.
63. Denver Broncos - Joshua Garnett OG, Stanford
Louis Vasquez was released.
64. New York Giants (via Tennessee Titans) - Carl Nassib DE, Penn State
JPP is coming back from a serious hand injury and is on a 1-yr deal.
65. Cleveland Browns - Shilique Calhoun DE/OLB, Michigan State
The Browns may cut Paul Kruger and Barkevious Mingo has been a bust.
66. San Diego Chargers - Austin Hooper TE, Stanford
SD needs a successor to Antonio Gates.
67. Dallas Cowboys - Kenyan Drake RB, Alabama
Dallas may likely spend an early pick at RB despite the Alfred Morris signing.
68. Kansas City Chiefs (via San Fransisco 49ers) - Connor McGovern OT/OG/OC, Missouri
KC needs to replace Jeff Allen.
69. Jacksonville Jaguars - Xavien Howard CB, Baylor
Prince Amukamara is on a one-year deal and Aaron Colvin is suspended.
70. Baltimore Ravens - Cyrus Jones CB, Alabama
Rumor has it that Ozzie Newsome will target his Bama boy in the 3rd if they don't take a CB earlier.
71. New York Giants - Rashard Robinson CB, LSU
The Giants are reportedly very high on Rashard Robinson.
72. Chicago Bears - Devontae Booker RB, Utah
Despite having Jeremy Langford, the Bears have shown interest in several RB's.
73. Cleveland Browns (via Miami Dolphins) - Miles Killebrew SS, Southern Utah
Donte Whitner was released.
74. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Shon Coleman OT, Auburn
Logan Mankins retired.
75. Oakland Raiders - Darian Thompson FS, Boise State
Oakland is rumored to really like Darian Thompson, and would make a nice tandem with Reggie Nelson.
76. Tennessee Titans (via Los Angeles Rams) - Joshua Perry OLB, Ohio State
Sean Spence is on a 1-yr deal.
77. Cleveland Browns (from Philly via Detroit) - Cardale Jones QB, Ohio State
Cleveland needs a QB to develop behind RG3.
78. New Orleans Saints - Deon Jones OLB, LSU
N.O. needs an upgrade at WLB.
79. Philadelphia Eagles - Christian Westerman OG/OC, Arizona State
GM Howie Roseman stated that the O-line was a "Priority, period!"
80. Buffalo Bills - Robert Aguayo K, Florida State
It's rumored that Aguayo, the best kicking prospect since Sebastian Janikowski, won't make it out of the 3rd round. The Bills have shown interest in him as a replacement for the disappointing Dan Carpenter.
81. Atlanta Falcons - Javon Hargrave DT, South Carolina State
Paul Soliai was released.
82. Indianapolis Colts - Jordan Jenkins OLB, Georgia
Indy needs to improve their pass-rush.
83. New York Jets - Nick Vannett TE, Ohio State
Jace Amaro has been a total bust and the Jets have shown a lot of interest in Vannett.
84. Washington Redskins - Chris Moore WR, Cincinnati
Washington is looking to get younger at WR.
85. Houston Texans - Jeremy Cash SS, Duke
Houston released Rahim Moore.
86. Minnesota Vikings - Maliek Collins DT, Nebraska
Minnesota needs a replacement for Tim Johnson.
87. Cincinnati Bengals - Nick Martin OC, Notre Dame
Cincy needs an upgrade from Russell Bodine.
88. Green Bay Packers - Jerell Adams TE, South Carolina
G.B. is looking for a better receiving threat at TE than Richard Rodgers.
89. Pittsburgh Steelers - Hassan Ridgeway DT, Texas
By this point in the draft the Steelers are likely to take the best available defensive lineman, someone who can come in right away and compete against Daniel McCullers for the starting NT position.
If Hassan Ridgeway's junior season, and final season at Texas, had gone the same way as his sophomore season, he'd likely be hearing his name called on Thursday night of the draft. However, questions about his conditioning, something that lead to nagging injuries throughout this past season, will see him fall here.
At his best, Ridgeway is a powerful DT with the strength to wreck havoc against opposing linemen both against the run as well as the pass. He's almost impossible to block one-on-one, and plays with good leverage and with active, violent hands. Because of his poor conditioning Ridgeway wears down easily and you can see it in games. He's going to have to be watched in the pros, just like with Casey Hampton, and be poked and prodded into keeping in shape, but his natural talent is impossible to ignore and Hassan Ridgeway could easily become a true draft steal.
It's also worth noting that Andrew Billings wasn't the only DT prospect who got a visit by Mean Joe Greene at his pro day, as the Steelers legend was present for Hassan Ridgeway's workout as well.
90. Seattle Seahawks - KeiVarae Russell CB, Notre Dame
Seattle needs a dependable starter opposite of Richard Sherman.
Kansas City Chiefs - Forfeited for tampering
This pick was forfeited for tampering with Jeremy Macklin before the start of the 2015 free agency period.
91. New England Patriots - Pharoh Cooper WR, South Carolina
N.E. is reportedly very high on Pharoh Cooper.
92. Arizona Cardinals - Christian Hackenberg QB, Penn State
Arizona is looking for a QB to groom behind Carson Palmer.
93. Carolina Panthers - Harlan Miller CB, Southeastern Louisiana
Carolina need to replace Josh Norman and reportedly are very high on Miller.
94. ***TRADE*** San Fransisco 49ers (via Denver Broncos) - Isaac Seumalo OG/OC, Oregon State
This is the likely compensation from Denver to S.F. for Colin Kaepernick. S.F. needs an upgrade at OC and a replacement for Alex Boone at OG.
95. Detroit Lions comp pick - Justin Simmons S, Boston College
Detroit is reportedly very high on Justin Simmons.
96. New England Patriots comp pick - Kenneth Dixon RB, La. Tech
N.E. is rumored to really like Dixon as a pass-catching option at RB.
97. Seattle Seahawks comp pick - Joe Dahl OT/OG, Washington State
Seattle needed O-line help before losing Russell Okung and J.R. Sweezy.
98. Denver Broncos comp pick - Dak Prescott QB, Mississippi State
Even if/when they trade for Colin Kaepernick he may not be their long-term option.
99. Cleveland Browns - Adolphus Washington DT/DE, Ohio State
The Browns cut Randy Starks.
100. Cleveland Browns (from Philly via Tennessee) - Jatavis Brown OLB, Akron
The Browns cut Karlos Dansby and didn't re-sign Craig Robertson.
101. Dallas Cowboys - Jalen Mills CB/S, LSU
Barry Church is a FA in 2017, plus he and J.J. Wilcox need to be replaced.
102. San Diego Chargers - Max Tuerk OT/OG/OC, USC
Chris Watt needs to be replaced.
103. Jacksonville Jaguars - B.J. Goodson ILB, Clemson
The Jags need a long-term successor to Paul Posluszny.
104. Baltimore Ravens - Charles Tapper DE/OLB, Oklahoma
Courtney Upshaw signed with Atlanta and Chris Canty was released.
105. San Francisco 49ers - Leonte Carroo WR, Rutgers
Anquan Boldin is a free agent and Torrey Smith has been a bust.
106. Chicago Bears - Jihad Ward DT/DE, Illinois
Chicago needs an upgrade at DE.
107. Miami Dolphins - Vadal Alexander OT/OG, LSU
Dallas Thomas and Brandon Turner have both been busts.
108. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ryan Smith CB, North Carolina Central
Brent Grimes is a short-term solution.
109. New York Giants - Alex Lewis OT, Nebraska
Will Beatty was released.
110. Los Angeles Rams - Sheldon Day DT, Notre Dame
Nick Fairly signed with N.O.
111. Detroit Lions - Matt Judon DE, Grand Valley State
Detroit is rumored to really like Matt Judon.
112. New Orleans Saints - Tyler Ervin RB, San Jose State
C.J. Spiller is injury-plagued and may be a cap casualty.
113. Tennessee Titans (via Philadelphia Eagles) - Tyvis Powell S, Ohio State
Michael Griffin was released.
114. Oakland Raiders - Cody Core WR, Ole' Miss.
Rod Streater signed with K.C.
115. Atlanta Falcons - Kevin Byard S, Middle Tennessee State
William Moore was released.
116. Indianapolis Colts - Joe Thuney OG, North Carolina State
Indy needs a lot of protection for Andrew Luck.
117. Buffalo Bills - Charon Peake WR, Clemson
Buffalo needs a WR to pair with Sammy Watkins.
118. New York Jets - Kenny Lawler WR, Cal
The Jets need a 3rd WR.
119. Houston Texans - Ben Braunecker TE, Harvard
Houston needs a better pass-catching option at TE.
120. Washington Redskins - Joe Schobert OLB, Wisconsin
Keenan Robinson signed with NYG.
121. Minnesota Vikings - K.J. Dillon SS, West Virginia
The Vikings need a SS to pair with Harrison Smith.
122. Cincinnati Bengals - Zack Sanchez CB, Oklahoma
Cincy needs a replacement for Leon Hall.
123. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jerald Hawkins OT, LSU
With the Steelers three primary needs filled in the drafts first three rounds, it's time to start looking for some projects with the upside to develop into starters at future positions of need. The top two players on the Steelers draft board who fit that description are Jerald Hawkins and Dadi Lhomme Nicolas. While the Steelers need at OLB might be more immediate than help on the offensive line, Hawkins provides much better value.
Jerald Hawkins beat out teammate and fellow draftee Vadal Alexander for the LT spot after La'el Collins left LSU for the NFL in the 2015 draft. At 6-foot-6, 305 pounds he has ideal length with long arms, solid athleticism and excellent footwork for an OT coming from a run-heavy team like LSU. He can get to the second level in a hurry and with ease, something that would be valued in Pittsburgh.
Having said that, Hawkins will definitely need to work on his core strength in an NFL strength and conditioning program. For a prospect who's over 300 pounds, Hawkins body-type looks more like a TE rather than an OT, with skinny arms, legs, and narrow hips. Offensive line coach Mike Munchak may love Hawkins footwork but he'll have a lot of work to do on his hand technique. Depending on how well his frame fills out, Jerald Hawkins may be a better long-term option at OG based on his athleticism but lack of bulk.
124. Seattle Seahawks - D.J. Reader DT, Clemson
Brandon Mebane signed with San Diego.
125. Green Bay Packers - Will Redmond CB, Mississippi State
Casey Hayward signed with San Diego.
126. Kansas City Chiefs - Kentrell Brothers ILB, Missouri
K.C. needs a long-term successor to Derrick Johnson.
127. Chicago Bears (via New England Patriots) - Nick Vigil ILB, Utah State
Chicago has shown a lot of interest in Vigil, even after signing Danny Trevathan and Jurrell Freeman.
128. Arizona Cardinals - Adam Gotsis DT/DE, Georgia Tech
Arizona needs a starter across from Calais Campbell.
129. Carolina Panthers - Joe Haeg OT, North Dakota State
Michael Oher and Mike Remmers got abused by the Denver pass-rush.
130. Baltimore Ravens (via Denver Broncos) - Tyler Higbee TE, Western Kentucky
Crockett Gilmore has injury issues.
131. Green Bay Packers comp pick - Kolby Listenbee WR, TCU
G.B. needs to replace James Jones.
132. Baltimore Ravens comp pick - Tyler Matakevich ILB, Temple
Darryl Smith was released.
133. San Fransisco 49ers comp pick - Fahn Cooper OT, Ole' Miss.
Anthony Davis is applying for reinstatement but rumor has it the 49ers are looking to trade him.
134. Baltimore Ravens comp pick - James Bradberry CB/S, Samford
Will Hill was released and Matt Elam has been a bust.
135. Dallas Cowboys comp pick - Eric Striker OLB, Oklahoma
Dallas needs a backup plan for injury-prone Rolando McClain and Sean Lee.
136. Denver Broncos comp pick - Maurice Canady CB, Virginia
With Bradley Roby coming into his own, Denver may cut or trade Aqib Talib for cap reasons.
137. Green Bay Packers comp pick - Willie Beavers OT/OG, Western Michigan
G.B. lacks O-line depth.
138. Cleveland Browns comp pick - Robby Anderson WR, Temple
With Josh Gordon suspended, the Browns have nothing at WR.
139. Buffalo Bills comp pick - Sebastian Tetola OG, Arkansas
Buffalo has issues at OG.
140. Tennessee Titans - Caleb Benenoch OT/OG, UCLA
The Titans have no O-line depth.
141. Cleveland Browns - Darrell Greene OG, San Diego State
Cleveland could use some competition for John Greco.
142. San Fransisco 49ers (via San Diego Chargers) - Rees Odhiambo OG, Boise State
Zane Beadles is a poor replacement for Alex Boone.
143. Oakland Raiders (via Dallas Cowboys) - Daniel Lasco RB, Cal
Oakland is looking for depth at RB behind Latavius Murray.
144. Denver Broncos (via Baltimore Ravens) - Jayron Kearse SS/LB, Clemson
T.J. Ward and Darian Stewart have injury issues.
145. San Fransisco 49ers - Eric Murray CB, Minnesota
S.F. could use multiple upgrades at CB.
146. Jacksonville Jaguars - Avery Young OT, Auburn
The Jags may decline the 5th-year option on Luke Joeckel.
147. Miami Dolphins - Dadi Lhomme Nicolas OLB Virginia Tech
Miami could use an upgrade at OLB.
148. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Willie Henry DT, Michigan
T.B. needs a DT next to Gerald McCoy.
149. New York Giants - Rashard Higgins WR, Colorado State
The Giants lost Rueben Randle and Victor Cruz is coming back from injury.
150. Chicago Bears - Kevin Hogan QB, Stanford
Chicago needs a young QB to develop behind Jay Cutler.
151. Detroit Lions - Graham Glascow OC/OG, Michigan
Detroit wants to bring in some competition at OC.
152. New Orleans Saints - Landon Turner OG, North Carolina
Jahri Evans was released.
153. Philadelphia Eagles - Paul Perkins RB, UCLA
DeMarco Murray was traded to Tennessee.
154. Oakland Raiders - Stephen Weatherly DE/OLB, Vanderbilt
Aldon Smith is suspended and Mario Edwards is coming back from a serious neck injury.
Los Angles Rams - Forfeited for Isaiah Battle
Pick forfeited for selecting Isaiah Battle in the 2015 supplemental draft.
155. Indianapolis Colts - DeAndre Houston-Carson CB/S, William & Mary
Dwight Lowery signed with San Diego.
156. Buffalo Bills - Matt Ioannidis DT, Temple
Soon-to-be 33 year old Kyle Williams is coming back from injury.
Atlanta Falcons - Forfeited for crowd noise
Pick forfeited for pumping in artificial crowd noise into their stadium during homes games.
157. Denver Broncos (via New York Jets) - Lene Maiava OG/OT, Arizona
Denver has the worst luck with O-line injuries.
158. Washington Redskins - Kalan Reed CB, Southern Miss.
Chris Culliver is coming back from an ACL tear.
159. Houston Texans - C.J. Prosise RB, Notre Dame
Houston needs depth behind Lamar Miller.
160. Minnesota Vikings - Denver Kirkland OG/OT, Arkansas
Matt Kalil and/or Phil Loadholt may be cap casualties, while Michael Harris is on a 1-yr deal.
161. Cincinnati Bengals - Josh Forrest ILB, Kentucky
Cincy is rumored to like Josh Forrest.
162. Kansas City Chiefs (via Seattle Seahawks) - Moritz Wilhelm Boehringer WR, Germany
Several teams, including K.C., have shown major interest in the German WR.
163. Green Bay Packers - Jordan Howard RB, Indiana
Eddie Lacy is injury-prone.
164. Philadelphia Eagles (via Pittsburgh Steelers) - Nick Kwiatkoski ILB, West Virginia
DeMeco Ryans and Najee Goode were both released.
165. Kansas City Chiefs - Evan Boehm OC, Missouri
Rodney Hudson has injury issues.
166. Houston Texans (via New England Patriots) - Elandon Roberts ILB, Houston
Brian Cushing is injury-plagued.
167. Arizona Cardinals - D.J. White CB, Georgia Tech
Arizona never replaced Antonio Cromartie.
168. Carolina Panthers - Jonathan Williams RB, Arkansas
The Panthers need a dependable backup for injury-plagued Jonathan Stewart.
169. Detroit Lions (via Denver Broncos) - Anthony Brown CB, Purdue
Rashean Mathis retired.
170. Arizona Cardinals comp pick - Jack Allen OC, Michigan State
Arizona needs an upgrade at OC.
171. Seattle Seahawks comp pick - Jay Lee WR, Baylor
Seattle could use depth at WR.
172. Cleveland Browns comp pick - Jonathan Jones CB, Auburn
Justin Gilbert has been a bust.
173. Cleveland Browns comp pick - Vincent Valentine DT, Nebraska
Cleveland needs D-line depth.
174. San Fransisco 49ers comp pick - Malcolm Mitchell WR, UGA
Anquan Boldin is a free agent and Torrey Smith has been a bust.
175. San Diego Chargers comp pick - James Cowser DE/OLB, Southern Utah
S.D. needs depth behind Melvin Ingram and Jeremiah Attaochu.
176. Cleveland Browns - Deiondre' Hall CB/S, Northern Iowa
Donte Whitner was released and Tashaun Gipson wasn't re-signed.
177. Tennessee Titans - Ronald Blair DE, Appalachian State
TEN could use some depth at OLB
178. San Fransisco 49ers (via Dallas Cowboys) - C.J. Johnson ILB, Ole' Miss.
SF never replaced retired ILB's Patrick Willis and Chris Borland.
179. San Diego Chargers - Nate Sudfeld QB, Indiana
The Chargers need a young QB to groom behind Phillip Rivers.
180. Minnesota Vikings (via San Fransisco 49ers) - De'Vondre Campbell OLB, Minnesota
Minnesota needs a long-term successor to Chad Greenway
181. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jake Brendel OG/OC, UCLA
Stefen Wisniewski signed with Philly.
182. Baltimore Ravens - Keith Marshall RB, Georgia
Justin Forsett has hit the age 30 wall.
183. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jamie Byrd FS, South Florida
T.B. needs safety depth.
184. New York Giants - Brandon Wilds RB, South Carolina
NYG are rumored to really like Wilds.
185. Chicago Bears - Elijah Shumate SS, Notre Dame
Antrel Rolle may be a cap casualty.
186. Miami Dolphins - Deon Bush S, Miami
Reshad Jones is planing to hold out.
187. Washington Redskins (via New Orleans Saints) - Dominique Alexander ILB, Oklahoma
Washington has nothing at ILB.
188. Philadelphia Eagles - Trevor Davis WR, Cal
Riley Cooper was released.
189. Dallas Cowboys (via Oakland Raiders) - Jacoby Brissett QB, North Carolina State
Dallas needs a long-term successor to the brittle 36 year old Tony Romo.
190. Los Angeles Rams - Hunter Sharp WR, Utah State
Brian Quick is on a 1-yr "prove it" deal.
191. Detroit Lions - Darius Jackson RB, Eastern Michigan
Joique Bell was released.
192. Buffalo Bills - Antonio Morrison ILB, Florida
Buffalo traded Kiko Alonzo.
193. Tennessee Titans (via Atlanta Falcons) - Alex Collins RB, Arkansas
Tennessee needs better depth behind DeMarco Murray.
194. Oakland Raiders (via Indianapolis Colts) - Aaron Wallace OLB, UCLA
Curtis Lofton was released.
195. Houston Texans (via New York Jets) - Geronimo Allison WR, Illinois
Houston needs more talent at WR besides DeAndre Hopkins.
196. New England Patriots (via Houston Texans) - Cole Toner OT, Harvard
N.E. needs to upgrade their interior O-line.
197. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (via Washington Redskins) - Stephane Nembot OT, Colorado
T.B. needs depth at OT.
198. San Diego Chargers (via Minnesota Vikings) - Devin Fuller WR, UCLA
SD needs better depth at WR.
199. Cincinnati Bengals - Kavon Frazier S, Central Michigan
Reggie Nelson signed with Oakland.
200. Green Bay Packers - Beniquez Brown ILB, Mississippi State
GM Ted Thompson is rumored to be high on Beniquez Brown.
201. Jacksonville Jaguars (via Pittsburgh Steelers) - Alex McCalister DE/OLB Florida
Gus Bradley needs an "OTTO" LB for his defense.
202. Detroit Lions (via Seattle Seahawks) - Bralon Addison WR, Oregon
Detroit needs a young slot WR to go with Marvin Jones and Golden Tate.
203. Kansas City Chiefs - Derrick Kindred SS, TCU
Husain Abdullah retired and Tyvon Branch signed with Arizona.
204. New England Patriots (via Chicago from N.E.) - Bryce Williams TE, East Carolina
Belechick loves to collect TE's.
205. Arizona Cardinals - Clay DeBord OT/OG, Eastern Washington
Ted Larsen is a free agent and Jonathan Cooper was traded.
206. Chicago Bears (via Carolina Panthers) - Zach Sterup OT, Nebraska
Charles Leno is awful at LT.
207. San Fransisco 49ers (via Denver Broncos) - Quinton Jefferson DT, Maryland
Glenn Dorsey is coming back from injury.
208. New England Patriots comp pick - Glenn Gronkowski FB, Kansas State
Why not draft Gronk's little bro?
209. Baltimore Ravens comp pick - David Onyemata DT, Manitoba
The Ravens need D-line depth.
210. Detroit Lions comp pick - Jake Rudock QB, Michigan
Detroit needs a developmental QB to groom behind Matt Stafford.
211. San Fransisco 49ers comp pick - Mark Weiser TE, Buffalo
S.F. needs depth behind Vance McDonald.
212. Dallas Cowboys comp pick - Ryan Brown DE, Mississippi State
Dallas has no depth at DE.
213. San Fransisco 49ers comp pick - Blake Countess CB, Auburn
S.F. could use multiple upgrades at CB.
214. New England Patriots comp pick - Joel Heath DT/DE, Michigan State
Dominique Easley was released.
215. Seattle Seahawks comp pick - Travis Freeney OLB, Washington
Seattle lacks OLB depth.
216. Dallas Cowboys comp pick - Halapoulivaati Vaitai OT, TCU
Ronald Leary will be a free agent in 2017.
217. Dallas Cowboys comp pick - Keyarris Garrett WR, Tulsa
Dallas doesn't have much behind Dez Bryant.
218. Buffalo Bills comp pick - Anthony Zettel DE, Penn State
Buffalo needs D-line depth.
219. Denver Broncos comp pick - Peyton Barber RB, Auburn
Denver lacks RB depth.
220. Pittsburgh Steelers comp pick - Brandon Allen QB, Arkansas
Having seen how much the offense struggles when Big Ben is out with an injury, the Steelers will likely spend a late-round pick on a backup QB. They've interviewed multiple late round QB's, so this pick is essentially a tossup between Brandon Allen, Cody Kessler, and Vernon Adams. All three have below average size for the position, average at best arm strength, as well as inflated college stats because of the system that they played in and the talent that surrounded them, but of the three Brandon Allen is the highest rated.
221. New England Patriots comp pick - Keenan Reynolds QB/RB/WR, Navy
It's no secret that Belechick loves versatile offensive weapons.
222. Tennessee Titans - Tavon Young CB, Temple
Brice McCain and Antwon Blake are fillers at CB.
223. Cleveland Browns - Mike Rose DE/OLB, North Carolina State
Paul Kruger may be cut or traded.
224. San Diego Chargers - Cre'von LeBlanc CB, Florida Atlantic
S.D. needs CB depth.
225. Seattle Seahawks (via Dallas Cowboys) - Will Parks SS, Arizona
Kam Chancellor may hold out again.
226. Jacksonville Jaguars - Spencer Drango OT/OG, Baylor
A.J. Cann didn't play well when given the chance to start.
227. Miami Dolphins (via Baltimore Ravens) - Taveze Calhoun CB, Mississippi State
Miami needs multiple upgrades at CB.
228. Denver Broncos (via San Fransisco 49ers) - Max McCaffrey WR, Duke
Why not draft the son of Ed McCaffrey?
229. Pittsburgh Steelers (via New York Giants) - Derek Alexander DE/OLB, Tulsa
The Steelers interviewed Derek Alexander at his pro day. With the increase use of sub packages, the Steelers will likely be looking for versatile players who can line up in any defensive front, someone who can standup as a pass-rushing OLB, play a traditional 4-3 DE role, and slide inside and play 3-tech on obvious passing downs. It's why they've kicked the tired on free agents Jason Jones and Mike Martin.
The 6-foot-2, 270 pounds Alexander has a non-stop motor and got moved around a lot in the Tulsa defense, wherein they put him into position to get the best match-ups, using his quick-twitch athleticism mainly as a gap penetrator on the inside and more of a wide-9 rusher on the outside. It may be too much to hope for, but Alexander could be a solid developmental prospect who could possibly replace Jarvis Jones if he leaves in free agency next offseason.
230. Chicago Bears - Chris Brown WR, Notre Dame
Alshon Jeffery is on a 1-yr deal and Kevin White missed his rookie season with injury.
231. Miami Dolphins - Greg Milhouse DT, Campbell
Earl Mitchell may be a cap casualty.
232. Washington Redskins (via Tampa Bay Buccaneers) - Michael Caputo S, Wisconsin
DeAngelo Hall was awful at S.
233. Philadelphia Eagles - Kyle Murphy OT, Stanford
Philly needs a long-term replacement for Jason Peters.
234. Oakland Raiders - Torian White OT, Hampton
Donald Penn is on a 2-yr deal.
235. New York Jets (from Denver via Houston from Los Angeles) - Tevin Carter SS/LB, Utah
HC Todd Bowles gets his version of Deone Bucannon.
236. Detroit Lions - Desmond Morgan OLB, Michigan
Stephen Tulloch was released.
237. New Orleans Saints - Daniel Braverman WR, Western Michigan
Marques Colston was released.
238. Atlanta Falcons - Stephen Anderson FB, Cal
Atlanta could use an upgrade at FB.
239. Indianapolis Colts - Marshaun Coprich RB, Illinois State
Indy is rumored to love Coprich's skill set.
240. Minnesota Vikings (via Buffalo Bills) - Tyrone Holmes DE/OLB, Montana
Vikings D-line coach Andre Brandt compared Holmes to Everson Griffen at his pro day.
241. New York Jets - Tom Hackett P, Utah
The Jets have shown a lot of interest in Hackett.
242. Washington Redskins - Parker Ehinger OG, Cincinnati
Washington lacks depth at OG.
243. New England Patriots (via Houston Texans) - Brandon Shell OG, South Carolina
N.E. needs to upgrade their interior O-line.
244. Minnesota Vikings - Briean Boddy-Calhoun CB, Minnesota
Terrence Newman may move to safety.
245. Cincinnati Bengals - Roger Lewis WR, Bowling Green
Cincy's never cared about off-the-field issues before, why start now?
246. Pittsburgh Steelers - Dean Lowery DE, Northwestern
Dean Lowery is another intriguing developmental prospect who could one day make an impact on the roster, albeit will likely take longer than the other players drafted in the back half of this draft class. He has the prototypical size for a 5-tech DE at 6-foot-6 and 296 pounds. He's known as a high-motor guy but lacks the athleticism and functional strength to make a noticeable impact early in his career beyond special teams. With a little time for development, as well as time spent in an NFL strength and conditioning program, Lowery could be our next Brett Keisel.
247. Seattle Seahawks - Marcus Henry OC, Boise State
Seattle has had issues at OC since they traded Max Unger.
248. Green Bay Packers - Mike Matthews OC, Texas A&M
Why not draft another member of the Matthews family?
249. Kansas City Chiefs - Roy Robertson-Harris, DE/OLB, UTEP
Justin Houston may be out for the season.
250. New England Patriots - Sterling Bailey DE/DT, Georgia
Akiem Hicks signed with Chicago.
251. Philadelphia Eagles (via Arizona Cardinals) - Daryl Worthy CB, West Virginia
Byron Maxwell was traded to Miami.
252. Carolina Panthers - Trevon Coley DT, Florida Atlantic
Dwan Edwards was released.
253. Denver Broncos - Eddie Yarbrough DE/OLB, Wyoming
Denver needs OLB depth, especially if they can't re-sign Von Miller long-term.