The Pittsburgh Steelers made the acquisition of Ladarius Green official Thursday when the tight end flew to Pittsburgh and passed his physical. Upon signing his new 4-year contract, Green met with the media and posed for a few photos to show he is the latest member of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Some odds and ends regarding Green's arrival to Pittsburgh:
- He will wear No. 80.
- His nickname growing up was "Peewee", despite growing to be 6-feet 6-inches tall.
- He was impressed with Steelers Nation when the team traveled to San Diego to play the Chargers in 2015. He is happy to be a part of the tradition.
- Tabbed as having a concussion issue, Green said it was an issue with his sinuses. Should be good to go for camp.
- Had surgery on his ankle to repair damage.
- Green recently took a phone call from Ben Roethlisberger...was surprised the Super Bowl winning quarterback knew his name.
New Steelers TE Ladarius Green showed up on the South Side weighing 250, said he might bulk up to 255. pic.twitter.com/orGgwtMPNq— Mike Prisuta (@DVEMike) March 10, 2016
Be sure to stay tuned to BTSC for all the latest news on the Pittsburgh Steelers.