I have a lot of alone time and strange things swirl around my brain in the deepest regions of my cranium. So, I might as well share them with my Steelers friends at BTSC. Join me, won't you?
Welcome to my "Random Thoughts".
- Optimists who are holding out for Le'Veon Bell to get his suspension overturned are the equivalent of me in high school with a condom in my wallet...hopeful and hopeless all at the same juncture.
- I get Ladarius Green not disclosing his headaches to the Steelers. People lie during job interviews all the time. If you are a connoisseur of fine porn, you aren't going to include it on your resume'.
- We've all got to drill something into our heads. Heath Miller is retired. He is not coming back.
- In the wake of Bruce Gradkowski's hammy tear, why is it that I picture Mike Vick camped out by his phone muttering "ring, please ring!"?
- Josh Freeman, Matt Flynn, Jimmy Clausen and Tavaris Jackson are available options to back up Ben. But beware of the fake Twitter account that announces the Steelers signing of Johnny Manziel. Casey Hampton has a better chance of fitting into skinny jeans than that happening.
- The signing of RB Darryl Richardson may have a significant impact on 2016. I'm thinking Mewelde Moore here. I'm just hoping he doesn't trip over his hair.
- I'm a uniform geek. I can't wait until Christmas for the "Color Rush" in all black. That's going to look pretty snazzy.
- The bumblebee jersey is bring retired after 2016. My vote for the replacement would be the 1967 "Batman" jersey. They are awesome. Google it.
- The temperature has eclipsed 100 degrees often lately. I have leather seats in my car and they are much cooler than the blazing-hot 2016 seats occupied by Steeler coaches Carnell Lake of the defensive backfield and Danny Smith of special teams.
- Speaking of hot weather, I hate the phrase "It's not the heat, it's the humidity". They both suck.
- I don't quite understand Pokemon Go. I'm not against it. It just baffles me.
- Why is anybody getting upset over Michael Phelps shaking his head at a reporter wearing Steeler garb? He's from Baltimore, he should scoff at his team's fiercest rival. Plus, it was all good natured. Note to Steeler fans trolling Phelps for being a weed smoker on social media. Hello! We boast Martavis Bryant, Le'Veon Bell and Snoop Dog. I don't think we have a leg to stand on here.
- Out-of-town Steeler fans pay a lot of frogskins for NFL Sunday Ticket. Come on "Greedy Gus" Goodell, the least you could do is throw in the preseason games.
- The only garb I want to see Steeler stars wearing this exhibition season is street clothes...and possibly bubble wrap.
- Why don't the Steelers have Antonio Cromartie on speed dial? They obviously need a veteran corner and the father of ten kids really needs a job, and he just evicted his mom from the house he bought her. Something tells me Antonio would sign for the veteran minimum.
- I know the Steelers have to take care of Dave DeCastro and others before they extend AB, but if the Steelers ever let Antonio Brown walk via free agency, it would be "Arm-burg-geddon" in the Steel City.
- I love the candor of Deangelo Williams. He's not afraid to tell it like it is.
- Adele just turned down the halftime gig at the Super Bowl. How about Styx? Dennis DeYoung belting out Renegade before the third quarter would be epic. Especially if the planets align and a certain towel-waving nation were occupying the stadium. Plus, who doesn't love Mr. Roboto?
- I wonder what Weegie Thompson is doing these days.
Until next week, be good...or be good at it.