A knee jerk reaction is common for most people, especially sports fans. Of course, I like to shoot first and apologize later. In this series, I like to record my immediate emotional reaction. I have those often. I know you in Steeler Nation do too. After we have a chance to review things, we tend to alter our mindset. While watching the Steelers and the Bengals on MNF, I recorded my initial thoughts in real time with no time to reconsider them. Take these in. As always, I welcome you to weigh in.
- Tone's toe looks okay.
- Not a great start with Rosie Nix offside. Is Burfict in his head?
- Ugh. Interception. This could be Jacksonville all over.
- Don't agree with the penalty solely on Bell. Completely instigated by Burfict.
- What is Gruden smoking? Burfict instigated. That isn't "just walking away".
- Speechless. Outcome doesn't really matter now. Praying for Shazier.
- Vince Williams’ tears sum it all up perfectly.
- A.J. Green just slapped Coty Sensabaugh out of the way. How is that still a TD?
- Their heads are out of this game completely. I can't fault that.
- Gruden kills me. Schuster-Smith? This is why I'm a Collinsworth guy.
- Dalton looks phenomenal.
- I love camera shots on Marvin Lewis. He always looks constipated.
- Burns has upped his game. Sensabaugh has not.
- Great field goal drive to end the half.
- A Cam Sutton sighting? This is his chance to shine.
- If Artie was a little bit closer. It could have been six the other way.
- Defense came out fired up. This is a key drive. A TD gets them back in the game.
- AB could have really changed the game holding onto the ball there. I thought it was closer to a catch than not. But you can't call it.
- Wow! Scratch the last comment. Le’Veon Bell with an amazing TD. Don't think I've ever seen a defense stop like that.
- I'm a WWE geek. Funny celebration.
- Enthused by the score. But still in a fog. Hard to enjoy this game. Thinking about Shazier.
- Oh no! Can't lose Dirty Red too.
- Holding call is huge. But doesn't excuse the secondary.
- How weak was that holding call? Kind of looked like one to me. Not egregious, but still a hold.
- Sutton is struggling.
- Gay needs to take over. He's had pick-sixes in Cincy before. Good time to get the record.
- Great return by Bryant. Horrendous call on the hold on Wilcox. But at least it looks like the team has a kick returner now.
- Eli Rogers is a liability at this point.
- Don't have a problem with the challenge. A.J. Green thought it was a catch.
- Who is Randall Gay?
- Bud Dupree stopped too on a potential sack. What is up?
- Great guts on fourth down call.
- AB can't drop balls like that.
- Wow! That was a tackle on JuJu. This is ridiculous.
- Third and 23. This could be the window.
- Rogers scares me on punt returns.
- JuJu's penalty was warranted. But que the Cincinnati fans who think their players are persecuted angels.
- JuJu could be suspended for that play.
- This game can't afford overtime. This game is ugly. Someone might die.
- Bud came up big there.
- What a comeback
As always, it is now time to rewatch highlights and pen my apologies. Thanks for indulging this jerk's patella ponderings.