A knee jerk reaction is common for most people, especially sports fans. Of course, I like to shoot first and apologize later. In this series, I like to record my immediate emotional reaction. I have those often. I know you in Steeler Nation do too. After we have a chance to review things, we tend to alter our mindset. While watching guys dressed as Steelers and the Browns play each other because somebody bought a ticket, I recorded my initial thoughts in real time with no time to reconsider them. Take these in. As always, I welcome you to weigh in.
- Matt Feiler is pulling and making blocks subbing for DeCastro, but Rosie Nix is blowing out holes.
- Stevan Ridley looks like he really wants to break one.
- That touchdown was all DHB. He turned a five-to-seven yard loss or a possible turnover into a gorgeous TD run.
- Matakevich and the Steeler defense look fired up. Four more sacks and they break the 1994 team record of 55.
- There's the Landry we all know so well.
- Here's what I love about Boswell, he wasn't celebrating the field goal. He was cheering for the neutral-zone infraction.
- Even though they took points off of the board, that goal line stand by Cleveland is fine. Let's get a safety.
- I think that was a blocked punt by Dirty Red. He loves playing the Browns.
- Adam Archueta is wrong. Matakevich is not a Pro Bowler. You can make a case that he should be.
- Nice TD from Jones to JuJu. It may be the opponent's ineptitude, but Landry looks better than I've ever seen him.
- JuJu didn't get flagged for the snowball? I'm kind of surprised.
- I disagree with the Archuleta again. That long pass play to Gordon was more on Mitchell than Haden. He signaled to him to pick up No. 12.
- I'll applaud Duke Johnson every time he touches the ball. Glad he was the Brown that scored.
- That face mask by Schobert looked more to me like the five-yard variety than the fifteen. But I'll accept it.
- Finney is too valuable to lose. Looks like Chris Hubbard is going to get the nod.
- First snap from Hubbard was high. Every player matters.
- Good for Ridley. Glad to see him score.
- Defense just got plum beat on that play. It's becoming more apparent that the safeties or a major liability for this team. Well, Mitchell at least. I think safety is a high priority on draft day.
- Not a fumble. Unless the Patriots are the opponent.
- They really need to shut Cleveland down here. Can't let them get confident and stay in this.
- Great catch by JuJu. He caught that ball with a dude draped all over them.
- That turnover late in the half is all on Big Al.
- Vince with number four. I want them to break that record.
- They are letting this team gain momentum. They are most definitely in the danger zone.
- Mass confusion by the secondary. This won't fly in the playoffs.
- JuJu...No words.
- Great block by Fitz Tussaint to make that TD happen.
- L.T. Walton impresses me. Gotta love those late rounders from Central Michigan.
- L.J. Fort just crushed Kizer to tie the sack record.
- Oh Hilton!
- I feel bad for Landry Jones with these bad snaps. Actually I feel bad for Hubbard as well.
- Alualu with the record 56th sack.
- I'm glad to see the Browns turnover, but I wish it was by anybody other than Duke Johnson. His tributes to Ryan Shazier are classy.
- Gay actually threw a haymaker at that ball.
- JuJu and Martavis look great with more responsibilities. Imagine when they are all together again.
- The Steelers third down defense is awful today.
- The reason the Steeler defensive backs aren't receivers...they can't catch.
- As I wrote that, Sean Davis did. Great assist by Artie Burns for plastering Kizer.
- They need to start taking it under center.
- Gonna blow it. Don't care if it's a meaningless game.
- How does Coleman drop that ball? Good thing because I would have been livid because that was a sack which was averted because of a major hold by No. 70.
As always, it is now time to rewatch highlights and pen my apologies. Thanks for indulging this jerk's patella ponderings.