A knee jerk reaction is common for most people, especially sports fans. Of course, I like to shoot first and apologize later. In this series, I like to record my immediate emotional reaction. I have those often. I know you in Steeler Nation do too. After we have a chance to review things, we tend to alter our mindset. While watching the Steelers and the Texans renew acquaintances, I recorded my initial thoughts in real time with no time to reconsider them. Take these in. As always, I welcome you to weigh in.
- Vance McDonald could be Jason Witten if he could stay healthy.
- They look relaxed and in control early on.
- I would have loved to have seen J.J. Watt play in this game.
- Love Mrs. Watt's sweatshirt.
- Feeling comfortable, but this run defense won't survive a team like Jacksonville.
- Le'Veon needs to hold on to balls.
- Martavis Bryant is playing like a WR1.
- Where is Deandre Hopkins?
- Wow. That's why Haden is so crucial to the Steelers.
3rd and 4th Quarter
- Mike Hilton is a gift that keeps on giving. That third sack may be a record.
- Vince Williams needs to be okay. That would be a big loss.
- Thought that was a terrible pass by Ben, but Eli was blatantly held.
- Rogers is going to break one soon. He looks great returning punts.
- We might see Braxton Miller or Bill O'Brien at quarterback soon.
- Almost the fourth quarter, need to score here and bring in Landry Jones and Stevan Ridley.
- Didn't really think that was a TD by Bell, but on further review...good call.
- That was a snow ball fight?
- Amazing catch by Hopkins.
- Why are Bell and Ben still in?
- Gotta love JuJu. Gets better every week.
- And now he scores.
- That celebration was pretty funny.
- Ridley looks pretty good as a backup.
- For once, a Steelers game that doesn’t give me cardiac arrest
As always, it is now time to re-watch highlights and pen my apologies. Thanks for indulging this jerk's patella ponderings.