My predictions were really off-base all the way around. But I remain resilient and will give it another shot with the latest realistic and bizarre batch of Bold Predictions From a Black-and-Gold Mind.
- Rob Gronkowski improves his TD scoring mark against the Steelers to five out of six games.
- With the holidays approaching, tailgating Steeler fans greet Patriot fans with open arms, share an Iron City or two and sing Christmas Carols until kickoff.
- Fans chant MVP as Antonio Brown reaches the 100 catch-osphere for the fifth-straight season with 12 catches and another TD.
- Channeling Plaxico Burress from Halloween 2004, Martavis Bryant has a career day against the Patriots secondary.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster scores a TD and has a celebration in which he deflates the tires of his bicycle.
- With cold weather never a factor for either, Stephen Gostkowski and Chris Boswell hit 50-plussers and combine for six field goals.
- Take the over. Again...take the over.
- Multiple reporters note that Bill Belichick was even more personable in the post-game press.
- Bud Dupree explodes with three sacks off of the left side. Fans still give him the Jarvis Jones treatment.
- Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers pull off yet another fourth quarter come-from-behind victory 39-34.
Very few of these will be right, but the scenarios in my head could happen...in some universe.