A knee jerk reaction is common for most people, especially sports fans. Of course, I like to shoot first and apologize later. In this series, I like to record my immediate emotional reaction. I have those often. I know you in Steelers Nation do too.
After we have a chance to review things, we tend to alter our mindset. While watching the Steelers and the Patriots renew acquaintances, I recorded my initial thoughts in real time with no time to reconsider them. Take these in.
As always, I welcome you to weigh in.
- Shazier in the house. That just made my week.
- Those short passes to Bell are more important than runs against this defense.
- They need to get in the receivers faces or Brady will pick them apart.
- Nobody sells play action like Tom Brady.
- Brown gets something out of nothing. That's why he deserves MVP consideration.
- JuJu is new millennium for money.
- Eli is alive!
- Ben makes things happen. He's far and away on a different level than in September.
- That Heyward sack is huge. You gotta knock Brady in the mouth. Miami did it.
- Davis shadowing Gronk is imperative.
- JuJu looked like a giant on that pass play.
- If Martavis is fired up, everybody is fired up. That was the prettiest play of the year for him.
- Oh no! AB is irreplaceable.
- Boswell from 50-plus is becoming commonplace.
- Gronk just out-muscled Davis.
- Artie Burns with his arms up in the air. They are confused on defense.
- Hilton made that play happen.
- You hit Brady. He gets flustered.
- Proof that when Martavis wants to play...he can play.
- Pats took a knee, they are out of whack. However...nobody adjusts better at the half than Belichick.
- Great coverage on Gronk and he still catches it.
- Burkhead is a great weapon for the Pats.losing him would be tough.
- Is Gronk the best TE to play the game?
- Hilton is a beautiful find.
- These receivers are catching balls while covered.
- Gostkowski with a missed XP? That's like seeing a unicorn watching a DVD copy of the Star Wars 1978 Christmas special.
- Blame the hold on the PAT.
- Bud Dupree is alive? Nice.
- Vince Williams has 1970s tenacity.
- I feel awesome...for now.
- This is an inspired team. 15 minutes to go.
- They've got the strategy. Just need to keep converting thirds.
- Second and 23 is where you need Brown.
- Really needed a pass on second down.
- Play calling has been great, but this set of downs. No.
- Burns got lucky or did he force Cooks out.
- No question on that PI.
- This is definitely....as advertised.
- Oh Davis.
- Room is right. Pass on first down. They are going to blow it.
- I hate Gronk.
- JuJu has the heart of a champion.
- That was a tough one to overturn. His hand was under the ball.
- Wow. What a loss.
- I think this game still takes the Steelers to the Super Bowl. But that's just me.
As always, it is now time to re-watch highlights and pen my apologies. Thanks for indulging this patella ponderings.