A knee jerk reaction is common for most people, especially sports fans. Of course, I like to shoot first and apologize later. In this series, I like to record my immediate emotional reaction. I have those often. I know you in Steelers Nation do too. After we have a chance to review things, we tend to alter our mindset. While watching the Steelers and the Ravens with Michaels and Collinsworth on commentary, I recorded my initial thoughts in real time with no time to reconsider them. Take these in. As always, I welcome you to weigh in.
- The honoring of Ryan Shazier shows how this town feels about their players. The brotherhood among the players is equally as evident.
- Got to love Rosie Nix.
- The defense is fired up. How long will that hold up?
- Sean Davis made that pick look too easy. He should be a mainstay.
- "Primetime/Home Ben" is in full-tilt at the stadium tonight.
- More subdued celebration tonight.
- I worry about offensive pass-interference a lot on long balls to AB.
- Great use of the tight ends so far. Both Jesse James and, even more, Vance McDonald look like a vital part of the game plan.
- The picture of JuJu in helmet at home is titan. Thus dude is entertaining even when he's suspended.
- The camera turned away, but Bell looks like he's going to be slow to get up.
- Yep. Bell just took a vicious hit to the knees by Tony Jefferson.
- Twice now with Bell out, Ben gets a sack and another massive pressure. No. 26 is so important as a pass-protector. That's why you see less of James Conner.
- As ill-advised as that pass from Ben Roethlisberger was, it kept the Steelers in range to add three points on the board. Suggs is going to want to have that ball back.
- Chris Boswell's face could be printed on U.S. currency. He is so money.
- Defense is showing struggles early.
- Alex Collins is a special talent. Why can't he be tackled?
- Did somebody body-snatch Eli Rogers? That's two valuable grabs.
- McDonald again. Baba-baba-bab...I'm lovin' it.
- 20-16 at the half. This is Baltimore, don't get overly comfortable.
- What's a conversation with John Harbaugh without his crying about how oppressed his team is?
- Vance McDonald...Killer V.
- This declining defense is scaring me.
- Love the "hats and t-shirt" assessment of this game by Mike Tomlin.
- Big stop holding Baltimore to three.
- Great coverage by Artie Burns. Sure pick broken up by Mike Wallace.
- That was a double PI on offense and defense.
- This is going south in a hurry. But don't give up.
- Terrible penalty
- Terrible non-penalty
- Wonder if they've played Renegade yet?
- Did I say earlier that I love Rosie Nix? Thought that was a pick.
- Gotta go for two.
- This is classic Steelers-Ravens.
- Davis couldn't have known that was incomplete.
- These calls are horrendous. I thought that was good defense by Burns.
- That missed 2PC is huge now. I still would have gone for two.
- Bell's patience makes things happen.
- No onsides. Not yet.
- Is Harbaugh crazy enough for a fake punt here?
- Great punt.
- Magic time. Let's see what you've got here.
- Ben. Wow!
- Clock management...could be costly.
- Clean hit.
- If Maclin gets overturned...Armageddon.
- Watt isn't a rookie anymore.
- Holy Schnikes!
- This may be a team of destiny.
As always, it is now time to rewatch highlights and pen my apologies. Thanks for indulging this jerk's patella ponderings.