A knee jerk reaction is common for most people, especially Steeler fans. Of course, I like to shoot first and apologize later. In this series, I like to record my immediate emotional reaction. I have those often. I know you in Steeler Nation do too. After we have a chance to review things, we tend to alter our mindset. While watching the Steelers and the Titans, I recorded my initial thoughts in real time with no time to reconsider them. Take these in. As always, I welcome you to weigh in.
- I hate Skycam already. I might have to turn off the tv and switch to Bill and Tunch.
- Nice first drive. Love the no huddle and really love Primetime Ben. If they stick with the no huddle, no contest.
- The AB statue celebration....not too bad.
- That delay of game call sucked. The Steelers defense was off the field.
- Artie is getting picked on.
- I think the Mariota TD will be tough to overturn, but I don't think he got in.
- Conner having a carry for a loss is rare.
- Cam Heyward is the heart and soul of the defense.
- Cam's offside could be a killer.
- Great discipline by the ST for not going after the ball on T.J. Watt's block. An over eager player could have cost a large parcel of field position.
- They need to capitalize after the block, can't let this Titan team hang around.
- Still hating Sky cam.
- Tough call on Tuitt.
- Defensive discipline is going out the window.
- Coty Sensabaugh: Proving the "Next Man Up" theory well for 2017.
- This game should be 21-7. But it's Team Turmoil.
- What a nice defensive play by Hilton on Murray late in the half.
- Clock management by Mike Tomlin...Am I on Punk'd? They can add on some points here.
- The cardinal sin on a screen is running before you catch it? Lot's of sin on this drive.
- Steelers got a gift on the fumble. Spot should have gone back to spot of the fumble,
- Boswell is looking good on a windy night, but give Berry an assist on the hold.
- On second thought, maybe Sensabaugh disproved "Next Man Up" after all.
- JuJu was money in traffic on that third-down conversion.
- I love Collinsworth. He is a football clinic.
- This might be the week the Steelers crack 30.
- NBC has the score wrong. Didn't give Steelers the extra point.
- Artie Burnt. Just got lucky.
- That sack by Heyward was huge.
- The offensive line is going to get a Ben killed.
- One of the prettiest drives of the season at the end of the third.
- The Reuben from Subway looks horrendous. Plus, they ruined Rock Around The Clock with that ad.
- Overturning Bell's TD, but not Mariota's. Hmmmmmmm.
- Jesse James had my favorite celebration of the season. Obviously, he hasn't had time to plan an elaborate one or didn't think he'd need to.
- As a big fan of play action, I'd like them to keep that play in their repertoire.
- Brown's third TD was majestic.
- No reason for Bell to still be in the game.
- 40 anybody?
- This was a statement win.
- Plenty of talent on this Tennessee team.
Where BAD was right
- Adding points on good clock management was vital.
- Sky cam really sucks.
- They did break 30...finally.
- Broke 40 too.
Where BAD was wrong
- It was a contest, because the Steelers abandoned the no huddle for a majority of the game.
- Ben did not get killed by his offensive line.