The 3-2-1 Steelers are on a bye this week, which leads me to wonder what (if anything) will occur during the break. At the risk of that getting old rather fast (and because my editor has decided that I need to do something), I’ve decided to predict the games of Cleveland, Baltimore and Cincinnati as well.
With these storylines and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in Week-7.
- As much as I, and all of Steeler Nation, want an upgrade at corner...nothing happens during the bye week and fans hopelessly await the deadline looking for action that never transpires.
- Vontaze Burfict violently vandalizes Antonio Brown’s Halloween decorations at his residence. Inspired by the NFL, the local authorities feel a fine, no matter the amount, is punishment enough.
- Le’Veon Bell continues to stay away, but the media still lies in wait believing he’ll be there in time for Cleveland.
- In an elaborate scheme to perform a TD celebration, JuJu Smith Schuster pulls a 21 Jump Street and tries to pass himself off as a high school transfer student and attempts to play for the Richland High School Rams in Johnstown.
- Nobody from my alma mater realizes that I gave Brandon Bailey’s 9-0 squad a mention.
- Vance McDonald saves pedestrians as he stiff arms a speeding Prius that ignores the traffic signals to yield.
- Vontaze Burfict attempts to disembowel Patrick Mahomes. However, the great enabler known as Marvin Lewis looks the other way and complains that the refs missed calls in their 38-35 shootout loss to KC.
- The Ravens finally give up a second half touchdown, but Drew Brees fails to become the third qb in history to beat all 32 teams as the Saints fall to Baltimore 27-23.
- Cleveland defeats Tampa Bay 34-20 on the road. In celebration, Baker Mayfield storms the pirate ship and plants a Browns flag smack dab in the middle of the poop deck.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.