The 1-2-1 Steelers host the 1-3 Atlanta Falcons on Sunday at Heinz Field. Both teams have high-powered offensive attacks with defenses that are downright bad. One previously-billed Super Bowl contender will take a step toward saving their season, while the other will start watching the top prospects available in the 2019 NFL Draft.
With this storyline and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in the Week-4 contest:
- Back on the same page, Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown have a Montana/Rice day. AB finishes with over 200 yards on the afternoon.
- However, Matt Ryan and Julio Jones shine as well.
- Julio makes the Heinz Field end zone his schoolyard and the touchdown goose egg disappears with three trips there.
- Not sure whether to gear his TD celebration towards the birthdays of Simon Cowell or Vladimir Putin, JuJu Smith-Schuster celebrates his second quarter TD by commemorating 1959’s Soviet probe Luna 3 when it transmitted the first-ever photographs of the far side of the Moon by taking a real cellphone shot of Ramon Foster bent over.
- Much to the dismay of the fans, Tyler Matakevich gets a majority of the defensive snaps over Matthew Thomas at Vince Williams’ ILB spot. The middle of the field is torched all day long.
- Because of the above prediction, fans lament not starting or picking up TE Austin Hooper in their fantasy leagues.
- The Steelers get some semblance of a running game as James Conner grinds out 70 on the ground.
- Le’Veon Bell debuts his latest rap single, Round is a Shape at halftime at Max and Erma’s.
- Jordan Berry continues to get booed vociferously, but Chris Boswell’s arrow continues to point up and straight.
- Despite a surge in offense, the defense continues to struggle. Falcons 38-Steelers 30.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.