As Week Four was as demoralizing as it gets, I felt compelled enough to pick against the Steelers again at home against Atlanta. It started off better this week, but Steeler Nation is snake bitten, So I should just shut my trap and react as the game develops and open the window to all of you. So if you want to know how my emotions fluctuated throughout the evening, keep on reading.
Nonetheless, a simple reminder, a knee jerk reaction is an immediate and unthinking, emotional reaction. It’s basically shooting first and apologizing later. I can safely say that’s a true definition of your’s truly and a good lot of Steeler Nation. Here’s my real-time reactions during the Steelers and Falcons quest for redemption.
- James Conner has to set the tone early. Gotta set up the pass with the run.
- Not a TD. Should be reversed.
- Nice dive by Conner. That’s definitely a score.
- How much more of Boswell can we take?
- Is Landry’s absence as a holder the problem?
- I really wanted to see Matthew Thomas, but Fort is playing with heart.
- The Steelers really need to set the tone early with no points on the first drive.
- I know it is a free play, but Vance still needs to catch balls like that.
- Conner looks like a true feature back so far.
- Ben is not on point at all.
- The Ridley change-of-pace is good scheming.
- Great grab on a not-so-great pass by JuJu.
- A T.J. Watt sighting...good.
- Don’t blame AB, Ben is missing him.
- Defense is regressing.
- Edmunds looks good during this drive.
- Dammit Dupree.
- Watt the f#$@?????????????
- Hard to blame T.J. on that. Hate that call.
- Terrible third down defense.
- Two sacks one drive. Am I in a coma?
- Finally a third down stop.
- Blitzing makes a huge difference. Wish they could have done that last week.
- Mike Hilton is valuable to this team.
- Huge penalty on that punt. Gotta capitalize.
- Good decision by Ben to pull Dan and run instead of throw it away.
- Tak McKinley, that’s why you here about Big Ben. Made you look silly on that play.
- Bad decision by Ben. Blew a decision for a Chris Boswell miss on that pick.
- He’s decomposing by the week.
- Decent defense to start the second half.
- I don’t think he is, but if Ben is throwing to AB out of spite...that’s a problem.
- That was a pretty drive.
- Ben and AB are magic when they connect.
- Defensive stop and a Special Teams block...how many wires am I hooked up to?
- Rosie Nix is a perfect Steeler.
- Frustration leading to a defensive penalty and it isn’t the Steelers. Definitely a coma.
- Get in the end zone and widen the gap.
- Great assist by Rosie. Nice run by JC.
- Bostic fell. Horrible call.
- Bud needs his hands chopped off. That’s two, Alvin.
- Don’t worry Fox announcers, Julio is going to get his catches and then some.
- Ito Smith is named after Lance Ito? Kudos Mrs. Smith. Just Brilliant.
- That hookup between AB and Ben was Jennifer Aniston gorgeous.
- Falcon fans, I feel ya. Your team looks like they’ve gone to a Western PA school of discipline as well.
- Conner is putting on a clinic.
- I want that “Pittsburgh is Stronger Than Cancer” T-shirt.
- Brian Allen is having a great game on Special Teams.
- Good job, Artie Burns.
- Correction. C’mon Artie Burns.
- Watt came to life today. Fort as well.
- Defensive TD? My God....they’re going to pull the pug on me. I’ve got to fight the white light.
- Huge win. Ben was much better in the second half.
- This was a huge win. I should pick against them more.
So...now as I replay the game more and more in my head, my perceptions and maybe my prescriptions will alter. But for now, you just got a glimpse of the first thoughts that popped in my mind while I was watching this game. Feel free to get your commentus maximus on in the section below.