The 6-2-1 Steelers, on a five-game streak, venture to the dangerous confines of Everbank Field to take on a dangerous and underachieving team from the AFC South. Will they conquer the demons that first appeared last October and extended to January? Will Steeler fans outnumber Jags fans? Will Ben surface into a pick-6 machine against the NFL’s top-ranked defense? Will a missed Boswell XP kill the Steelers?
With these storylines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this Week 11 contest:
- In a departure from what has sadly become the norm, Ben Roethlisberger does not throw a pick-six against the Jags.
- Ben does not go sack or interception-free though.
- Leonard Fournette scores twice, but the Steelers 4th-ranked rush defense keeps No. 27 under 60 yards.
- Playing for Stephon Tuitt, Tyson Alualu registers a sack and a forced fumble of Blake Bortles.
- At halftime at a Zaxby’s off of I-95, “He Who Shall Not Be Named” performs his latest rap single, “Raid my locker, but you can’t steal Juice” to confused tourists and employees.
- To commemorate the 55th anniversary of the debut of the first push button phone, JuJu Smith-Schuster rejoices a touchdown by pulling out a 15-lb, beige jobby from 1963 and attempting to live stream. Upon realizing you can’t tweet on the artifact, No. 19 tries to go to his backup plan but trips over the aforementioned phone’s cord instead.
- Although friends, tensions rise between Jalen Ramsey and Antonio Brown.
- Vance McDonald goes off in this game. Ben finds him over eight times.
- Artie Burns, dreading the loneliness of the bench, makes his way to the upper-level pool and chills with the hot people.
- In the end, the Steelers edge out the home team 27-23 to extend their winning streak to six.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.