The 4-2-1 Steelers finally feel like they are on the right track, and look to avenge a loss a month ago to Baltimore in a key AFC North showdown. The Ravens offense embarrassed the Steeler defense at Heinz Field in Week 4, But fortunes have seemed to flip since that night. The Ravens can’t afford to fall under .500, while the Steelers need to keep their momentum strong.
With these storylines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this Week 9 contest:
- Ben Roethlisberger starts off slow, but rebounds to throw two TD passes against one pick.
- Terrell Suggs and Ben gush over their great admiration of one another in pregame. But once the game starts, T-Sizzle attempts to disembowel the Steeler QB.
- Ben’s fractured finger only becomes an issue on handoffs, with two going to the ground.
- Artie Burns gives up a touchdown, but records a key interception of Joe Flacco late in the game.
- John Brown doesn’t get the better of Joe Haden this time around, but Michael Crabtree and Willie Snead IV prove dangerous and both find the end zone.
- In response to Ravens’ DC Wink Martindale, Le’Veon Bell debuts his new rap single “No One’s Better Without Me” in the parking lot of the Game Show Network’s headquarters in Santa Monica, CA. Bell failed to realize that Alexa steered him wrong and the man who besmirched him was not the 85-Year Old host of “Tic-Tac-Dough”.
- To commemorate the 17th anniversary of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone introducing the young wizard to moviegoers, JuJu Smith-Schuster whips out a wand following his touchdown catch and casts an avada kedavra spell on a falling James Conner and Ramon Foster.
- For the first time in three games, James Conner does not eclipse 100 yards in a contest, but No. 30’s late score clinches the 23-19 victory.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.