The Steelers win over Baltimore wasn’t easy, but it was their first complete game of the season. With no more division games left until a crucial contest in Week 17 against Cincy, the Steelers will get to measure themselves against the rest of the league. A good measuring stick is Cam Newton and the NFC South’s Panthers. If you want to know how my emotions fluctuated throughout the day, keep on reading.
Nonetheless, a simple reminder, a knee jerk reaction is an immediate and unthinking, emotional reaction. It’s basically shooting first and apologizing later. I can safely say that’s a true definition of your’s truly and a good lot of Steeler Nation. Here’s my real-time reactions during the Steelers’ most recent battle.
- Carolina isn’t the second-best running team in the league for nothing.
- The Steelers need to find a way to shadow McCaffrey.
- By the look of things, this is a crucial third down already.
- There’s going to be a lot of trips to the end zone tonight.
- They gotta answer back.
- Wow! That was fast.
- Gotta love JuJu. Bradberry looked more like Ray Bradbury on that play.
- That’s a nice penalty.
- Nice all the way around. Watt made that happen. That would have been a safety. Great break on the ball by Vinny.
- Newton was trying to save the safety. Bad move.
- Steelers need to get in a position where they force Cam into passing and neutralizing the run.
- Nice three and out.
- Haven’t seen a reverse in years. Nice call, Randy.
- Who says Jesse James can’t block?
- Conner is the most rootable Steeler since Rocky Bleier.
- VinnyVidiVici is having a great night.
- That Tide commercial with the Terrible Towels was very unrealistic. None of those fans look like Yinzers,
- The pass rush is definitely a key. Giving secondary time.
- 15 yards for James Conner on what should have been a loss of two.
- Chuks Okorafor is mammoth.
- Who doesn’t love Rosie Nix?
- Aikman talking about Conner’s lack of explosiveness is verbal vomit.
- Fans could have gone to the concession stands and back with the time Ben had on that long pass to AB.
- Julius Peppers is amazing for an 80-year old man.
- Boswell crushed that ball. Nice!
- Defense is getting shredded on this drive. Gotta buckle down.
- Switzer is so quick. Can’t wait til he gets into the end zone.
- To quote my good buddy Mike, AB looked like he was going 100 mph on that play.
- 30 points by halftime is incredible.
- My 9-year old red-headed daughter doesn’t throw tantrums like that of Jackson on the Panther’s sideline.
- Definitely not an interception. Would have liked to have seen Edmunds get one.
- Great combat run by Ben.
- Let's score to start the half.
- Good first down throw to Switzer.
- Ya down with DHB? Yeah, you know me.
- I want the century mark for No. 30. He tripped there, could have had it on that last play.
- Primetime Ben is definitely a Nielsen hit tonight. That pass to Vance was incredible.
- Carolina is getting chippy.
- This Bud’s for you. Time to remove the bust label.
- Burnett with a good tackle. He makes the defense better.
- Third down efficiency is really amazing.
- Wait! Why is Conner in the blue tent?
- Eric Reid is a punk.
- The O-Line definitely has Ben’s back. They will fight for him.
- Ejection? Pretty surprised. But good.
- Good. Conner is back.
- Que Cher, “Just Like Jesse James”.
- I never expected this.
- Nix is such an asset everywhere he plays.
- Good for Samuels.
- Most points in the history of Heinz Field. Is it too greedy to ask for 60?
- I’m cool with Conner calling it a night. Not comfortable with the trip to the locker room.
- Glad Roethlisberger is out. That’s one of the greatest performances ever by BB.
- Let’s see what Dobbs can do.
- Burns and Matakevich are in. Welcome to garbage time.
- And Burns is back on the bench.
- Told y’all to take the over.
- Hahaha! Carolina’s Kyle Love is asleep on the bench.
- Ridley is running well, as well.
- Another complete game. Great team win.
So...now as I replay the game more and more in my head, my perceptions and maybe my prescriptions will alter. But for now, you just got a glimpse of the first thoughts that popped in my mind while I was watching this game. Feel free to get your knee jerks on in the comments section.