The 5-2-1 Steelers, on a four-game streak, return home with a long-lost RB in tow in street clothes to take on a dangerous and complete team from the NFC South. Will they measure up and continue the roll that they started in October? Who will get booed more Jordan Berry, Artie Burns or serial kneeler Eric Reid? Can they sequester the law firm of Newton, McCaffrey and Olsen? Will The Steeler kicker ever be perfect on extra points again?
With these storylines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this Week 10 contest:
- At least one confused, Steeler rookie wonders aloud, “Didn’t we already play Carolina on a Thursday Night this year?”.
- Le’Veon Bell rushes for 212 yards and four touchdowns against Carolina. But that comes while playing Madden.
- Mike Tomlin, unable to top the “volunteers not hostages” blast, refuses to paint Bell’s possible return with a broad brush leaving media-types and Steeler Nation befuddled.
- James Washington gets four catches.
- James Conner rushes for 100+ for the fifth consecutive game and reaches the end zone twice.
- At halftime, No. 26 performs his new rap single, “Nobody’s Hostage” to an astounded group of Pittsburgh Pierogie House employees outside of Section 426.
- With a plethora of time on his hands, Artie Burns is one of those said Pierogie House staffers enjoying the musical stylings of Juice.
- Sean Davis...Pick Six.
- T.J. Watt and Alvin Dupree are the only Steelers to get to Cam Newton.
- Vance McDonald stiff arms Eric Reid into oblivion. A 90-year old veteran their for the Salute to Service celebration rushes the field to chest bump Vanimal.
- To commemorate the 46th anniversary of the debut of HBO, JuJu Smith-Schuster rejoices a touchdown by charging fans $14.99 to do the same end zone celebration over and over and over again.
- Cam Newton does his “Superman” celebration as he Greg Olsen and Christian McCaffrey seem to prove to be too much for the Steeler defense, but Big Ben and AB thrive in a 38-33 victory.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.