The Pittsburgh Steelers are coming off three straight disappointing losses to the Denver Broncos in Week 12, the Los Angeles Chargers in Week 13 and the Oakland Raiders in Week 14. With the rest of the AFC wrapping up their games this week, it is time to put things in perspective as it relates to the AFC Playoff Picture.
The season is winding down, and it become imperative to check and see where the Steelers land as it relates to their positioning in the playoff race.
After Pittsburgh’s horrid start to the season, they have rebounded to the tune of a 7-4-1 record, and thanks to some losses to other AFC competitors, find themselves in a Top 4 spot in the AFC Playoff Picture. This week’s loss does more than hurt, it almost cripples any chances of the team having wiggle room down the stretch. The Steelers remain in the No. 4 spot, but by a literal thread over the surging Ravens.
So, before we go any further, time to update the Playoff Picture heading into Week 15.
AFC Playoff Picture Week 15
1. Kansas City Chiefs (11-2) [X] — REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Chargers, at Seahawks, vs. Raiders
2. New England Patriots (9-4) — REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Steelers, vs. Bills, vs. Jets
3. Houston Texans (9-4) — REMAINING OPPONENTS:at Jets, at Eagles, vs. Jaguars
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-5-1) — REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Patriots, at Saints, vs. Bengals
5. Los Angeles Chargers (10-3) — REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Chiefs, vs. Ravens, at Broncos
6. Baltimore Ravens (7-6) — REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Buccaneers, at Chargers, vs. Browns
X - Clinched Home Field Advantage
In the hunt:
8. Miami Dolphins (7-6) — REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Vikings , vs. Jaguars, at Bills
9. Indianapolis Colts (7-6) — REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Cowboys, vs. Giants, at Titans
11. Tennessee Titans (7-6) — REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Giants, vs. Redskins, vs. Colts
10. Denver Broncos (6-7) — REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Browns, at Raiders, vs. Chargers
For those who don’t know, the reason the Chargers, who have a better record than the Steelers, are behind in the standings is due to Pittsburgh leading their division and the Chargers being behind the Chiefs in the AFC West.
As for Pittsburgh, their remaining schedule doesn’t get any easier. The Patriots and Saints, along with the Bengals, all await the Steelers in the coming weeks as the regular season winds down.
This doesn’t look good for Pittsburgh...
Take a look at the above standings, who do you see failing down the stretch? And which team will be a surprise to climb the rankings? Let us know in the comment section below!