We are all aware of the significance of winning vs. losing when the Steelers take the field at home against the reeling Bengals on Sunday. Of course, the Steelers need to win too, but two other games directly affect them. With one game remaining, the Steelers could only get in two different ways.
If the season ended today, the Steelers would be the eighth seed in the AFC and have specific Week 17 needs. Here are the current AFC playoff standings.
Here are the current AFC playoff standings.
- Kansas City Chiefs 12-3 (Would win AFC West and would earn a First Round Bye)
- New England Patriots 10-5 (Would win AFC East and earn a First Round Bye)
- Houston Texans 10-5 (Would win AFC South and host Wild Card Indianapolis)
- Baltimore Ravens 9-6 (Would win AFC North and host Wild Card Los Angeles Chargers)
- Los Angeles Chargers 11-4 (Would earn Wild Card and travel to Baltimore)
- Indianapolis Colts 9-6 (Would earn Wild Card and travel to Houston)
- Tennessee Titans 9-6
- Pittsburgh Steelers 8-6-1
- X-Cleveland Browns 7-7-1
- X-Miami Dolphins 7-8
- X-Denver Broncos 6-9
- X-Cincinnati Bengals 6-9
- X-Buffalo Bills 5-10
- X-Jacksonville Jaguars 5-10
- X-New York Jets 4-11
- X-Oakland Raiders 4-11
Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens - Sunday 4:25 PM
Yep. The Steelers win the division should the Ravens lose twice in one season to the once-lowly Browns.
Who to root for: Cleveland
Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans - Sunday 8:20 PM
If Cleveland can not offer any assistance, Steeler Nation will need to root for the rare tie. Hopefully, this game isn’t even a factor and the Steelers join the winner if this contest in the playoffs.
Who to root for: Tie