It’s Week 2 of the Steelers’ Preseason and Mike Tomlin’s charges are looking to improve on last week’s exhibition win in Philly. Steelers Nation will be looking to see if Ola Adeniyi and Damoun Patterson continue to shine, whether one of the two dressed QBs pulls away from the other, and if Terrell Edmunds makes his first true impact for the Steelers in a game situation.
With all of these questions and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic and some utterly idiotic) to look for in tonight’s contest.
- James Conner will run well again. His performance will lead to fans calling for the Steelers to cut Le’Veon Bell, despite the fact that No. 30 isn’t the pass blocker, or receiver, Bell is.
- Bell will record and drop a rap single during halftime stating that Conner isn’t the pass blocker or receiver he is.
- In his first game back since an injury derailed his 2017 season, Aaron Rodgers will shred the Steelers over-the-middle to further worry Steelers Nation.
- Somewhere in the world, NaVorro Bowman looks at his phone and wonders aloud why Kevin Colbert still hasn’t called him.
- Coty Sensabaugh picks off a pass for the second consecutive week. This serves notice that the Steelers’ corners could be stronger than in the past couple of years.
- Rookie QB Mason Rudolph improves on his debut outing and throws his first two TD passes of the preseason.
- Rudolph brings a tire gauge out onto the field to prove the footballs are properly inflated.
- Antonio Brown announces a boycott of the press and then proceeds to talk to the press about his boycott for another ten minutes.
- OLB Keion Adams and WR Marcus Tucker have solid games to join Ola Adeniyi and Damoun Patterson as the Preseason Phenoms.
- Ben Roethlisberger’s inclusion in the Concussion Protocol is mentioned at least five times during the broadcast.
- Gigantic defenseman Daniel McCullers scores on a fumble recovery, goes into the stands for his version of the Lambeau Leap, and is disappointed to learn there isn’t a real block of cheese resting on a fan’s head.
- James Washington reaches the end zone for the first time.
- The Steelers win in Lambeau by the tune of 29-27.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.