It’s Week 3 of the Steelers’ Preseason and Mike Tomlin’s charges are looking to improve after a poor showing in last week’s exhibition loss in Green Bay. Steelers Nation will be getting their first look at Ben Roethlisberger and continue to monitor the defense and watch for James Washington, Ola Adeniyi and Damoun Patterson to continue to shine.
With all of these storylines and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic and some utterly idiotic) to look for in tonight’s contest.
- Ben Roethlisberger makes his debut, but the offense isn’t completely in sync on the first series. The Steelers settle for a field goal. Yinzers from Homewood to Holsopple panic.
- James Conner has another solid performance on the ground early. But his biggest splash comes with receptions out of the backfield.
- Back in his old stadium, Quadree Henderson makes a long return to inspire Steeler Nation to plead his case for a roster spot.
- James Washington continues his onslaught on defenders with another TD.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster hijacks the rookie’s touchdown celebration.
- Feeling outdone, Antonio Brown has the grounds crew mount a tightrope between the goalposts and walks it Walenda-style.
- Terrell Edmunds makes a splash with an interception in his Heinz Field debut.
- Le’Veon Bell debuts his new rap song at the half chastising Steeler management for not allowing him to walk a tightrope.
- Mason Rudolph does not play as the Steelers hope Josh Dobbs’ play makes him desirable to other teams.
- Somebody sneaks a drone into the stadium. Mike Tomlin summons the National Guard to shoot it down.
- The Steelers don’t eclipse 30 points for the first time in preseason play, but they still win 26-24.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.