After a week away, I have returned to, once again, shoot first and apologize later with my real-time thoughts as the Pittsburgh Steelers wrap up their slate of four exhibitions and auditions against their annual finale-foe, the Carolina Panthers. Special thanks goes to Jeff Hartman who sub-jerked for me last week.
As you already know and still I iriterate, a knee jerk reaction is an immediate and unthinking, emotional reaction. I can safely say that’s a true definition of your’s truly and a good lot of Steeler Nation.
Here’s my real-time reactions.
- This is starting out ugly.
- Dobbs proved on that bad snap that he can salvage busted plays.
- I realize this is not the best competition, but Josh Dobbs looks like a real player.
- Ryan Switzer is going to be exciting. Great trade already.
- I’m openly rooting for Bucky Hodges.
- Didn’t know Jericho Cotchery was coaching receivers for Carolina. he was a quality Steeler.
- For the second week in a row, I’m impressed with the opposing team’s uniforms. I say this with a staunch record of heterosexuality...They look really good in those pants.
- Sutton looked bad on that TD catch. To quote Ben Affleck from Good Will Hunting, “Ya Suspect”.
- Ridley can still run.
- Berry has lost something. But enough to lose his job...we’ll see.
- I agree with Mike Tomlin, Marcus Allen needs to earn his spot tonight.
- Brian Allen is progressing week-to-Week. Could he be a special player down the road? Is there enough time?
- Switzer can
- Mr. Sophia Vergara and Jake Guentzel in the House. Cool.
- Im still on the Zach Banner Wagon.
- Maybe Brian Cox Jr. got flagged for his name. To me, that’s not a penalty.
- Another one? That was suspect too. But I’ll take it.
- They are going to get Dobbs killed. At this point he’s not going to get traded. He’s going to end up on the IR.
- Tevin Jones just dropped a shot to tell his grandchildren about this night forever.
- Seriously...Go for it on fourth down.
- I hate field goal attempts in preseason. How does this help a young player. Boswell doesn’t need the reps.
- Double-A. Adenyi and Adams make a good battery.
- Lavon Hooks doesn’t get enough credit. There’s going to be some good ex-Steelers floating around on other teams.
- RBs really have been picking up the blitz well.
- Mason really needs a TD here.
- Looks like someone’s been watching Ben a lot in practice.
- Everytime Mason runs, a lineman holds.
- Huge drop.
- But with the rule change. That should be a TD.
- Really nice job by both Rudolph and Jones. Those grandchildren will get an earful now.
- Rudolph has cojones. Going after Andre Smith will get him mad love from Steeler Nation.
- How was that taunting? Wow!
- Brian Allen. Nice again.
- Boswell doesn’t need to be trying to tackle anybody in preseason.
- Thomas, Hooks and Huguenin look solid.
- Will Quadree Henderson complicate things here?
- No. Guess not?
- Mason is having his finest showing of the preseason.
- Bucky Hodges is really showing up tonight. That hustle on the Jones play will really speak to the coaching staff.
- Rudolph has been victimized by his own receivers this entire preseason.
- Good to see Quadree score. That leap made me strain something on my couch though.
- I think Matt Thomas is a better option than Dirty Red at this point.
- Even though he’s Class of 17, Keion Adams is basically an extra draft pick this year.
- Great athletics by Matthew Thomas. Too bad he didn’t get in. I think there’s no question now that he just made the team.
- Pure muscle by Franklin. I want Jarvion on the PS.
- Malik Golden got hurt in this game last year. Talk about hard luck. He has talent.
- I feel bad for Marcus Allen as well. He just hit his fellow Nittany Lion with friendly fire.
- I like Brian Allen’s tenacity, but third week in a row...he jumped a route and got burnt.
- Please tell me Matthew Thomas is just cramping.
- He looks okay.
- My praise of Brian Allen may have been premature.
- Marcus Allen with ferocity!
So...now as I replay the game more and more in my head, my perceptions will alter. But for now, you just got a glimpse of the first thoughts that popped in my mind. Feel free to get your groove on in the comment section.