Pittsburgh Steelers football is back tonight, my friends. I, for one, am as happy as Jeff Reed sending Just how many questions will be answered in the contest with Keystone State rival Philadelphia is not known; however, there will be plenty of expected certainties, and a plethora of surprises as well. For the second-straight season, here is my list of bold and bizarre predictions to look for tonight.
- Much like Mike Hilton a year ago, OLB Ola Adeniyi becomes a household name in Steeler a Nation.
- Yinzers from Swissvale to Sewickley, Moon Township to Murraysville and Aliquippa to Altoona butcher the name of the undrafted free agent from Toledo so bad he simply becomes known as “O.A”.
- James Conner and James Washington shine on offense for the Steelers in extended roles, but the quarterbacks that were selected a pick behind them in each of the last two drafts (Josh Dobbs and Mason Rudolph) struggle and fail to impress.
- Le’Veon Bell drops his latest rap track online moments before kickoff and disses the organization for not paying him. Irate fans call for his immediate dismissal.
- Quadree Henderson is solid in the return game, causing fan and media speculation that he could make the team.
- A Steeler fan gets knocked out in Lincoln Financial Field by an Eagles supporter for simply being a Steeler fan. The video captured by another fan’s cell phone gets more views on YouTube than the actual game gets on the CW and NFL Network combined.
- The lack of depth on the O-line becomes glaring and disconcerting enough to force Kevin Colbert to surf the waiver wire.
- Antonio Brown is seen on the sideline wearing a Chris Acher Pirates jersey.
- Anthony Chickillo, like Arthur Moats a year ago, makes the biggest splash on defense with a multiple sack game.
- The game ends with the final score being...Oh who cares? It’s what happens on the field and not the scoreboard that counts the most in preseason. Just no injuries, please.
- Alright, I’ll give a prediction. Eagles 17, Steelers 13.
So just how many of these predictions will become reality? I’d say at least one. But your guess will probably be just as good as mine. Feel free to celebrate me as a soothsayer, or mock me as moronic, in the comment section. Enjoy!