Finally football that counts! As Week 1 fell upon Steelers Nation, I was enthused to write about all which went down in Cleveland, and then the game started.
Nonetheless, a simple reminder, a knee jerk reaction is an immediate and unthinking, emotional reaction. I can safely say that’s a true definition of your’s truly and a good lot of Steeler Nation.
Here’s my real-time reactions during the Steelers 21-21 tie with the Browns.
- It’s obvious they are trying to establish Conner early.
- Dont know if that ball slipped out of Ben’s mitts, but that was ugly.
- One thing that Hard Knocks emphasizesd was Cleveland’s lack of discipline. Two penalties in a row for Cleveland.
- Refs missed a helmet-to-helmet on Sean Davis. I’ll take it.
- No. 30 going hard.
- That Dog Pound motif is ugly.
- Tyrod might not be the QB too long in Cleveland.
- Switzer excites me.
- Is it the rain or is Ben off?
- Bad pick. If AB is covered by three guys, somebody else had to hav3 been open.
- This Bud’s for you. Big tip.
- Vintage Ben on that pass to Jesse James.
- I hate Myles Garrett already.
- Could Switzer be a gadget guy?
- Thats the most I’ve seen Ben run in a couple of years.
- I’ll take the penalty. But I don’t like the call on Garrett. It’s a rule though.
- Great TD by Conner. But the haircut...Wow!
- I thought they’d call Tuitt on that one.
- Thats a rough penalty. Rookie can’t do that.
- Bostic is in there again.
- I thought Watt was going to get pinched.
- Switzer is gutsy.
- That was an over-over-overthrow.
- Deep down is Becker Mayfield hoping Taylor gets knocked out.
- Bruce Arians is quiet, but he’s much better than I thought he’d be.
- Jesse James is responsible for that last pick.
- This Bud’s for you again.
- And again.
- The switch between Watt and Dupree is working.
- No problem with Burns slamming Landry. But the helmet? Gotta be more disciplined.
- When you have a second and goal at the two and you get two penalties, it’s hard to recover. Wow!
- Say Watt!
- Gotta feel good for Conner. I’ve never seen a player collectively rooted for more than James.
- How many “Le’Veon Who?” Posts are going up on Twitter and Facebook right now?
- Hilton needs to check into the West Penn Burn Unit
- Haden and Edmunds. Good break ups.
- Matakevich is one of the better Special Teamers in the league.
- Good to see DeCastro going back in.
- Terrible punt.
- Tomlin was reverse-less on challenges last year. That should change.
- I don’t agree with Trent Green on this. But what do I know?
- Bud is getting pressure like crazy today.
- Bud just got crushed. Where is the flag?
- Gutsy on third and one.
- Wow! Tie game.
- This is what conservative offense with a lead gets you.
- This is what good QBs do. Ben needs this series.
- I thought that was going to be a pick.
- Dont like that call on third down.
- Jordan Berry needs to boot the stuffing out of this ball.
- 12 men is inexcusable.
- Yes, nice coverage Cam Sutton.
- Don’t take your helmet off.
- Good defense.
- Ben looks tentative, but good gain.
- This isn’t good. Look for the screen to the RB.
- Surprised Peppers called for a fair catch.
- Boswell is money for the win.
- Well looks like the Steelers will lose this one...can’t believe this.
- Of course, Watt blocks it and the game ends in a tie.
- What are these feelings I’m feeling? This feels awful.
So...now as I replay the game more and more in my head, my perceptions will alter. But for now, you just got a glimpse of the first thoughts that popped in my mind. Feel free to get your groove on in the comment section.