Not to insult dumpster fires and train wrecks, but the Steelers are closing in on that distinction in 2019. Many more questions arose after the debilitating loss last week. With that being said, will James Conner ever get it going out of traditional sets? Can the offensive line open up holes for him? Who will star at quarterback and will Randy Fichtner have a game plan suiting his talents? Can JuJu strap this team to his back? Can the defense continue their dominant look from the week before?
With these questions, story lines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this prime time contest:
- Antonio Brown shows up to the game in full Steelers uniform attempting to join-in on pregame warmups. AB tells NBC’s Michelle Tafoya that just like the 1986 season of Dallas where Bobby Ewing wasn’t killed, he was merely in the shower...2019 was just a dream. It doesn’t work and AB is ushered off of the field.
- James Conner rushes 12 times for 40 yards on the afternoon. Nobody on the Steelers staff seem concerned about No. 30 and the line.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster scores the only offensive TD and celebrates the score and the birth anniversary of H.J. Heinz by turning long snapper Kam Canaday (No. 57) upside down, hitting him on his number and pretending to pour him on a giant burger.
- The Steelers struggle with Austin Ekeler and Melvin Gordon running the ball for nearly 200 yards combined.
- NBC’s Al Michael’s and Chris Collinsworth make mention of Phillip Rivers 8,000 children at least five times.
- Collinsworth says something mildly critical of the Steelers and the comment sections go crazy on how much he hates the Steelers.
- Even though his Jets play at 4:25 against Dallas and figuring that nobody will notice his absence, Le’Veon Bell flies to San Diego to perform his hip-hop version of Super Chargers. Not realizing that the team had relocated to Los Angeles, Bell wonders why the five-star UBER guy wants the equivalent of a week’s pay to get him to the game.
- Mike Hilton records another interception, while T.J. Watt gets a strip sack and a score.
- Devlin Hodges plays well enough for conflict to ensue with Mason Rudolph in the short term.
- The Steelers will lose to the Chargers 33-17 and finding themselves prepping for 2020.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.